NSW Environmental Scientist Consultant & Project Manager (5 to 8 years)
An exciting opportunity for a 5-8 year experienced contaminated site environmental consultant to elevate your career, working with some experienced contaminated site consultants in Australia and taking on a pivotal role at the right time as a new company develops nationally.
You will be working with a new, extremely fast-growing contaminated sites environmental consulting company, iEnvironmental Australia, managing various environmental projects and subcontractors in NSW and other states, and consulting into various contaminated sites projects.
You will need to have 5-8 years experience, particularly with some project management experience in infrastructure/development & construction projects, with an ability to undertake fieldwork that may be physically demanding, to a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail and train junior staff. Experience on technical projects (i.e. Audited remediation projects), will also be an advantage.
Projects include groundwater and soil remediation, large and small detailed site investigations and preliminary site investigations, construction project monitoring, sampling and waste classification. Quality, timeliness and integrity will be the most important elements of your work, with opportunities to receive training and career development.
You must be keen for knowledge and continuous improvement, keen to service clients with excellent timeliness and quality, with the ability to keep yourself organised and motivated. This will be a pivotal role in what we hope will soon be one of Australia's leading environmental consultancies.
This position requires a relatively independent and hardworking person.
To apply for this role you need the following:
- Please make sure you include a brief cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
- Have excellent self-organisation skills and attention to detail;
- Be able to do fieldwork and not be afraid to ask questions, and most importantly keen to learn;
- Have 5-8 years experience working as an environmental consultant on contaminated sites in NSW, preferably including experience on Audited projects;
- Project management experience;
- Open to working in large variety and types of projects;
- Be located in/near Sydney (office in Chatswood);
- Have Australian working rights;
- Have an Australian driving license;
- Have a white card / equivalent construction safety accreditation;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (MS Word and Excel) or Google Docs/Sheets skills;
- Coordination and management of projects (contractors, subcontractors) and delivery to clients on time and on budget;
- Not being afraid to ask questions, and also learning how to find answers;
- Being considerate and respectful to fellow employees, clients and contractors;
- Experience in writing/supporting DSI, PSI, EMP and RAP reports, working with senior staff and training graduates;
- Sampling programs (drilling, GMEs, soil & vapour sampling) and experience working with drill rigs, excavators, quality controls for low flow sampling;
- Travel interstate and remote locations when required;
- iEnvi will support your training and career growth;
- Developing and refining templates (reports, field documents);
- Marketing activities including support at client meetings, speaking to potential client enquiries, assistance with project summaries and knowledge article tasks;
- Creating detailed cost proposals; and
- Project management to ensure projects are on time, on budget.
About our company
iEnvironmental Australia Pty Ltd, or iEnvi, is a non-conforming contaminated sites consultancy made up of highly experienced environmental professionals and project managers, who wish to bring integrity and service to environmental projects by forming the best available teams and utilising new technologies and methods of delivery that enhance value. We currently have less than 20 employees, but an extended team outsourced experts for implementing various projects and fieldwork - we have grown exponentially since registration earlier in 2018. You can see some of our recent projects and more about us on www.ienvi.com.au
If this sounds like you and you would like to work in a challenging role in a new style of the company, working with senior consultants directly and learning how to manage while keeping your consulting skills in development, please submit your CV and a covering letter along with an example of a written report.
The application form will include these questions:
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
- What's your highest level of education?