Position Description: Operations Administrator
Are you someone who wants to help create positive change for Australia’s oceans and their wildlife? If you’re looking for a secure role in a supportive environment with room to grow, where your skills will be nurtured and developed, then read on.
The Australian Marine Conservation Society has been protecting Australia’s oceans and marine life for more than 50 years. AMCS is one of Australia’s most influential environmental charities. We’re
independent and not‐for‐profit. We advocate for the changes necessary to safeguard our oceans and their wildlife which is some of the richest and rarest on earth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join and support a great team and work for a great cause. If you are dynamic, efficient, highly organised and looking for a rewarding role where you can make a real difference we encourage you to apply.
Job Title: Operations Administrator
Location: AMCS HQ, Brisbane
Salary: $60,000 to $66,000 per annum (dependent on experience); plus 11% superannuation.
Hours: Full time, 5 days (38 hours) per week.
Contract period: Initially twelve (12) months, with a view to extension
Purpose of the position:
The Operations Administrator supports the effective operation of AMCS across our operational, marine conservation, communication and fundraising functions by ensuring the smooth and efficient administration of the organisation.
The position reports directly to the AMCS Operations Manager and works closely with the members of the Operations, Fundraising and Communications teams.
Primary tasks and responsibilities:
- Act as the main point-of-contact for the reception and public enquiries including managing the main AMCS email account, redirecting priority enquiries when necessary.
- Assist with the day-to-day administration of the office including daily banking and mail and provide administrative support to the wider AMCS team.
- Provide Executive Assistance support for the AMCS CEO.
- Maintain office supplies inventory including stock management, supply planning and ordering.
- Support the operation and maintenance of office equipment.
- Provide support for Organisational projects as needed.
- Process day-to-day banking and manage office petty cash.
- Assist with accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll as needed.
- Assist with financial reconciliations and reporting and Audit preparations as needed.
- Provide support (when needed) for AMCS’ fundraising programs including processing donations, tracking and reporting on donor contact, issuing receipts, and responding to enquiries.
- Assist with inductions and onboarding of staff and volunteers.
- Support the WHS Committee maintain a safe work environment.
- Provide administrative support to the AMCS volunteer program.
Database and Website
- Support AMCS online shop with order fulfilment and customer service management.
- Provide support in the investigation, reporting, resolution and development of database issues and modifications.
- Support the development of process and system improvements.
Essential Selection Criteria
- At least 2 years in a similar role with strong administration and/or operational experience
- High-level computer and MS office skills plus excellent attention to detail
- Experience with data management systems and/or CRMs
- High-level organisational skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of customer service
- Commitment to achieving positive change for our oceans.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Experience in the Not-For-Profit or community sector, either employed or volunteer.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM.
The Australian Marine Conservation Society is the voice for Australia's oceans. We are an independent not-for-profit charity. We deal with the big issues concerning the sea, working with the community to protect our marine wildlife, tackling major threats to our oceans and creating marine sanctuaries, places in the sea where sea life is safe from harm. Across our campaigns we tackle climate change - the biggest existential threat to our ocean planet, with our Great Barrier Reef at the fire front. We are a committed group of professional and passionate scientists, educators and advocates who have defended Australia's oceans for over 50 years.
- Integrity. We are trusted, credible, independent and ethical in our actions.
- Courage. We are brave, respectful and honest advocates for marine life.
- Passion. We demonstrate commitment to and care for our oceans in all we do.
- Solidarity. We work together, embracing equity, diversity and inclusivity.
- Effectiveness. We are driven, professional, agile and resilient, working to deliver the best outcomes for Australia’s people and wildlife.
Applications for this position close 9 am (AEST) Wednesday 27 January 2021. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply please forward your current CV and a cover letter briefly addressing the essential selection criteria (maximum two pages) to [email protected]. Please include ‘Operations Administrator’ in the title of your email when submitting your application.
AMCS is a strictly non-partisan and an equal opportunities employer. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply.
Please Note: Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. That is, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen, or hold a valid visa with permission to work.
For all enquiries about this position please contact us via email [email protected] or 07 3846 6777. Please note that the AMCS office is closed from 25th December 2020 until 10th January 2021 inclusive and we will respond to inquiries after that date.