Operations Field Environmental Advisor
To provide on-site environmental advice and support for Upstream Operations. The position will do this through a systematic approach consistent with ISO14001 to maintain compliance with relevant licences and authorities and manage effects that can potentially impact on the environment.
Purpose & Accountabilities:
- Provide field presence to ensure regulatory compliance and environmental outcomes are achieved by implementing and driving environmental management systems
- Providing support on Environmental aspects for the work activities on site covering production operations, services and maintenance & turnarounds.
- Be able to provide Environmental and regulatory advice to the facility management team. Particularly relating to the EPBC Act (Cwth) and EP Act (QLD)
- Advise on "routine" work planning for environmental aspects using supporting controls such as (SWMS), task risk assessments, job planning, asset monitoring, Hazards, etc.
- Support compliance with local & State standards and requirements, particularly those associated with the environmental regulatory bodies
- Provide environmental Advice including aspects such as noise, chemical management, CSG water, soil management, drainage, erosion and sediment control, water quality, waste management, nuisance complaints and rehabilitation
- Elevate significant environmental issues to field environment superintendent
- Be a focal point for facility Environmental inspections / audits / assurance reviews to maintain ISO14001 certification and Environmental compliance
- Maintain and report Environmental performance statistics
- Ensure learning from Incidents, industry environmental alerts, systems for communication are in place and maintained for facility staff and contractors
- Provide general support, training and implementation for Environmental controls and programs
- Support and assist facility managers with the implementation and review of ISO14001 certified Environmental Management System
- Support the development and implementation of the asset audit and assurance process for environmental compliance.
- Be available to support members in the asset incident command team (ICT), and perform initial assessments of environmental impact (including water and soil sampling) as a result of incidents, statutory reporting and provide remediation advice
- Maintain a close liaison/supporting relationship between the field operations and HSSE teams.
Skills & Requirements:
- Be an effective communicator and be able to intervene, facilitate and influencing a wide range of field based staff, from Managers to technicians and contractors
- Participate in HSSE audits, visit worksites to discuss environmental issues with staff and contractors.
- Be able to create a means to work with styles of leaders/supervisors to champion environmental initiatives to achieve Goal Zero
- Be able to challenge the status quo with confidence in operational environment or ALARP demonstrations and provide steer and guidance for better solutions or controls
- Be able to take the initiative to reach out to the wider environmental peer groups for alignment of environmental processes and willingness to take steer from more experienced peers
- Have the ingenuity to troubleshoot local issues and reach for support locally with the technical environmental team and operational staff
- Previous experience working in field based role in Oil & Gas industry
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management, Ecology or equivalent
- Auditor qualification, specifically ISO14001 (desirable)
Our client is a global market leader within the oil & gas industry with a portfolio of pioneering onshore and offshore projects both locally and internationally. As an employer they have an exceptional reputation for building a culture focused on the highest levels of HSE and diversity & inclusion as they continue to expand their Australian based operations.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.