Planner / Environmental Consultant
Are you seeking a company that:
- Values and rewards employees?
- Offers professional development opportunities and interesting projects?
- Provides flexible work options and a fun and supportive workplace?
Then check us out!
Our Canberra office is growing through an exciting period of change – new clients, new leadership and new exciting projects to work on! We’re looking for an enthusiastic Environmental Consultant to join our growing and talented team.
ECO LOGICAL AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, a Tetra Tech Company, is one of Australia’s leading ecological, environmental assessment, and conservation planning consultancies. Even with our exciting growth and continued development, we continue to believe that we make a significant contribution to improving environmental outcomes in Australia by delivering high quality consulting services that combine a landscape approach with sound scientific principles, strategic thinking, effective communication and integrity.
About the role:
As our new Environmental Consultant, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects across the ACT and surrounding NSW regions, and assist in delivering innovative environmental management and conservation planning solutions to our clients. You will work with our specialists in disciplines such as ecology, bushfire, and heritage. The role will involve flora and fauna assessments, utilisation of the new NSW Biodiversity Assessment Method, proposal and report preparation, client liaison, and project and budget management. We will provide you with opportunities to further broaden your project management experience while being supported by a team of approachable experts.
This role will allow you to combine your passion for environmental management, legislative knowledge, and well-developed writing and project management skills to create high quality work and great outcomes for our clients and the environment.
To be successful, you will have:
- A degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Planning or related field
- At least five years’ ecological consulting experience (preferably in ACT or NSW)
- Confidence in meeting, advising and working with clients and regulators
- Understanding of NSW Biodiversity Offset Scheme and the Biodiversity Assessment Method
- Experienced MS Word user
- Sound communication skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others both internally and externally
- Working knowledge of ACT, NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation
- Well-developed analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in preparing a range of high-quality consulting reports, including for environmental assessments (planning approvals), monitoring, and management
- Strong project, budget, and client management skills
- Current driver’s licence.
Whilst not essential, it is desirable that candidates have experience with the EPBC Act.
We will offer you:
A competitive remuneration package in addition to a range of other benefits including study assistance, professional development, opportunity to purchase additional leave, birthday leave and health and wellbeing initiatives.
How to apply:
For further information about the position, please contact Matt Dowle, Canberra Office Manager, on 02 6103 2317.
If you are an Australian resident, are seeking a friendly and professional organisation where workplace culture is highly valued, and where you can grow and further develop, please forward your application to Bec South, HR Coordinator, via email [email protected] before close of business Friday, 8 February 2019.