Principal Consultant Aboriginal Cultural Heritage
- We are seeking an experienced and talented Senior Principal or Principal Consultant to join our NSW Aboriginal Cultural Heritage team.
- Location is open to any Niche NSW office location or working from home in NSW.
The experience our team needs:
- 12 to 15+ years of consulting experience, working on NSW Aboriginal Cultural Heritage projects.
- Significant experience in Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessments in NSW.
- In-depth understanding of NSW heritage legislation associated codes and guidelines.
- You will have substantial and broad experience assessing Aboriginal cultural heritage in NSW; specialist skills relevant to the profession would be highly regarded.
- Technical excellence and professional writing skills with the ability to provide Quality Assurance reviews and advice to junior team members.
The qualifications you’ll bring:
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree with Honours (minimum), with a concentration in the field of Aboriginal Archaeology.
- Demonstrated professional development by the postgraduate study would be advantageous.
You’ll be prepared to:
- Collaborate closely with the heritage discipline manager to support the Aboriginal Cultural Heritage team.
- Have fun while winning and managing complex, large, medium and small projects.
- Develop client relationships and build new relationships, leveraging your own and Niche’s network to bring in work.
- Fulfil a technical role as a specialist adviser on projects and within the team, providing support in the form of mentoring and leadership to staff members.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, including excellent communication, motivational and organisational skills.
- Travel where the work is, including working outdoors, travelling to field locations as required.
What you'll get in return
- In return, you will get the opportunity to lead the winning of new and interesting projects, and work on complex and exciting projects across NSW, whilst being supported by a professional and welcoming team.
- You will be given a lot of autonomy and exposure to projects from the beginning.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- A highly competitive salary that is negotiable for the right candidate.
- Flexible work arrangements can be discussed to suit your needs.
- Professional learning & development/memberships to appropriate bodies for the role.
- Novated vehicle leasing scheme.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Paid parental leave.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Annual employee retreat.
- Community fundraising events and vibrant supportive culture.
Our 85+ strong team includes archaeologists, heritage architects, ecologists, botanists, and environmental engineers who are located in Sydney, Illawarra, Port Macquarie and across regional New South Wales and Queensland.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in cultural heritage management, ecology and biodiversity, environmental management and approvals, and environmental offsetting.
Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 3000+ projects to clients across Australia. Niche has an excellent safety culture, and our cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the apply button below.
Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
COVID-19 vaccinations and the workplace
Niche is committed to the well-being of its staff, contractors and clients. In order to provide a safe workplace for all, Niche has in place, a policy requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine to access our offices and attend other Niche worksites (subject to any medical exemption). Evidence of vaccination will only be required during the onboarding process.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.