Professional / Senior Environmental Planner / Scientist – Impact Assessment
Are you ready to take the next step in your career and be involved in a group of highly talented and self-motivated individuals delivering outstanding project outcomes for a diverse range of clients? We are currently looking for a Senior Environmental Planner / Scientist with the relevant level of experience to join our industry-leading team in Newcastle. You will be part of a close-knit, high-performing team, known for our excellent delivery for our clients across various sectors. As part of the larger Environment business in ANZ, you will be part of an industry-leading national team collaborating to deliver solutions to some of our largest clients most complex problems within the Hunter region and beyond.
Our environment team comprises a diverse range of specialties: impact assessment, climate change resilience, communications, heritage, contaminated land, and construction environmental management. We are renowned for delivering best practice environmental impact assessment and strategic advisory services for all phases of our clients' infrastructure projects from strategic business cases, planning approvals, through construction to operation. You will be committed to listening to clients and working with them to identify technically excellent and innovative solutions to their environment-related challenges.
You will play a key role in leading project teams and managing successful delivery with our clients, developing and enhancing internal and external relationships while maintaining a focus on business development opportunities. This role will provide an excellent opportunity for you to lead and coordinate a range of projects extending from high profile, technically complex major infrastructure, in both urban and regional contexts, to strategically important asset improvements across a full suite of sectors including:
- Transport (public transport, active transport (cycleways), road, heavy/light rail, marine)
- Renewable energy (solar, wind, biofuels, battery)
- Water utilities
- Social infrastructure
- Urban renewal, placemaking, and activation precincts
- Oil and gas and industry
AECOM provides a great place to work where we place a high priority on a fun and engaging work environment offering career development and mentoring as well as social and wellbeing opportunities. You will be working with driven professionals who are passionate, smart, creative, curious and quirky but proud to be part of a company that is dedicated to delivering a better world.
- You will have strong environmental impact assessment experience across a number of market sectors and a good industry reputation.
- You will need to utilise your project management/coordination skills, commercial acumen and emotional intelligence to develop and maintain positive peer and client relationships, and effectively manage resources, timelines, quality and budgets.
- You will need to be a strong team player, influencer, and most importantly, a real collaborator.
- You will need to utilise your open communication and proven technical knowledge while maintaining a strong client focus.
Benefits at AECOM
AECOM is a place where you can maximize your innovative thinking and collaborate with a diverse range of highly intelligent and talented people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, transformational, and iconic projects.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer and we've committed to creating a culture that embraces flexibility for all team members. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part-time and job share options
- Working from Home Tool Kits + Mobile Phone
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
For more information and to apply visit: https://aecom.jobs/warabrook-aus/senior-environmental-planner-scientist-impact-assessment/7B324D025AE94566BDC84D0499FB0382/job/