Professional Water Engineer
At Spiire, we turn ideas into places and are committed to providing opportunities for our clients, communities and people to grow.
As property and infrastructure advisors, we work together every day to deliver a high level of creative solutions our clients are proud of. Following an exciting period of growth, we have reached over 300 employees across our Albury, Bendigo, Canberra, Geelong, Melbourne and Shepparton offices, positioning Spiire as well-resourced, local experts. We are a business built on relationships and attribute our success to our personalised service.
Our vibrant Integrated Water team is looking for an Experienced Water Engineer who is motivated by technical excellence, whilst drawing on their skills to deliver social and environmental outcomes.
Working as One Team and striving to make a difference in the world and influence the water industry, you will play a key role in the life of the project, including modelling, conceptual and detailed designs for stormwater, flood management, water sensitive urban design, stormwater harvesting, water and wastewater. Specifically the role will incorporate:
- Working with landscape architects, planners, surveyors etc. to deliver integrated and sustainable outcomes with a keen interest in stormwater and its interaction with the surrounding environment
- Opportunity to lead the design of stormwater assets (e.g. wetlands, raingardens), stormwater harvesting and drainage infrastructure
- Be a trusted advisor to authorities and clients
- Reviewing designs and documentation
- An exciting opportunity to be trained and mentored to grow and develop your career
- Flexible working arrangements with the intention of reinforcing a healthy work-life balance.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Qualified with a relevant degree in a Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Strong focus on delivering quality projects to completion with attention to detail and on time
- Excellent and confident communications skills, both written and oral
- Essential Experience in 12D and the design of WSUD assets
- Desirable Experience in HECRAS, RORB, TUFLOW, MUSIC and GIS
- Understand the role of stormwater management infrastructure within the community
- A passion for water and making a difference
- The ability to think outside the box
Culture & Benefits at Spiire
We believe in doing great work and looking after our people. We offer structured learning programs and continued employee growth opportunities that encourage professional support, development and success. We value diversity and embrace flexibility to ensure our people can balance their professional goals with their commitments and interests outside of work. We offer a variety of initiatives including discounted Myki’s, purchase of additional leave, an active social club and wellness programs to support your health and wellbeing.