WE ARE EPIC
Epic Environmental is a leading environmental consultancy that leverages team culture and expertise to deliver innovative outcomes for our clients and the environment. We define ourselves by providing exceptional technical solutions while supporting our staff to challenge themselves and accelerate their careers.
Epic is a well-respected, client-focused services firm working across the mining and resources, energy and renewables, industrial, construction, infrastructure and property markets. We offer industry-leading environmental solutions to national and selected international markets. Epic’s range of services includes environmental planning and statutory approvals, environmental management and compliance, contaminated site assessment including remediation and management of contaminated soil, groundwater and sediment, property due diligence reporting, landfill design and monitoring, for the private sector as well as all levels of government.
We offer an exciting opportunity to develop and fast-track your career by working in an environment where you are encouraged to challenge yourself to think outside the box. If you are a Project Hydrogeologist with a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience, we’d like to hear from you!
- Challenge - We ask ourselves ‘is there a better way’
- Team Spirit - We work together as a team
- Down to Earth - We are privileged to do what we do
- Be the Best - We strive to be the best
- Personalised Service - We create value for our clients
To be considered Epic material you will need to be:
- Someone professional but does not take themselves too seriously
- Someone that works autonomously but knows when to ask for help
- Someone that knows how to be a leader but is also good at taking direction
- Someone focused on their own career development but also supports and helps colleagues to grow professionally
- Someone that likes to work hard but is never too busy to lend a hand to others and knows how to have fun
- Someone that is future driven but never forgets the people & clients that helped you get to where you are.
- Work with some of the best clients in Australia on a variety of challenging projects across the country
- Work on challenging and rewarding projects across Australia that contribute to better environmental outcomes
- Feel trusted and empowered to take ownership of your projects and provide innovative solutions
- Opportunity to innovate and form collaborative partnerships with clients
- Work in a team with highly skilled, certified, and respected Professional consultants
- Work with the best striving to be the best
- Strong commitment to professional development including structured buddy & mentoring system, support for further studies, attaining certification, professional memberships & working with industry leaders
- Opportunities to shape not only your career but the direction of the company by involvement in designing and implementing the Strategic Plan
- Enjoying coming to work and working in a friendly and welcoming office environment & as part of a collaborative team culture that values flexibility and fun
- Regular social events and activities for team building (ping pong, baking, trivia - if it's fun it’s Epic)
- Birthday day off.
Don’t believe us – check it out for yourself: https://au.linkedin.com/company/epic-environmental-pty-ltd
Our fast-growing Sydney office is looking for a Project Hydrogeologist to join the contaminated land team.
Under the direction of our Team Leaders and Principal staff, you will support the delivery of environmental projects with a focus on statutory approval processes, construction management and environmental compliance. Understanding of NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation is a requirement for this role. Core tasks will include researching literature & regulatory requirements, writing internal and client correspondence and reports and data interpretation & analysis. Fieldworks will be required from time to time.
To be considered for this position, you will need to possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognised institution in water resources / hydrogeology / geology or related discipline or similar relevant degree
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ of demonstrated experience in groundwater studies, including groundwater monitoring, aqueous geochemistry, environmental assessments, groundwater resource assessments, and/or groundwater modelling
- Working knowledge of relevant NSW and QLD environmental legislation, relevant contaminated land guidelines and knowledge of National, NSW and QLD groundwater legislation and policies, standards and guidelines
- A high level of competency in all aspects of groundwater fieldwork is essential
- Demonstrated understanding and application of the national technical framework such as NEPM (Assessment of Site Contamination).
- Demonstrated experience in assessment of contaminated land and water
- Experience in surface water and hydrological assessments is desirable
- Experience in the construction, and/or mining sector is also desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in relevant environmental documentation
- Strong client relationships and, business development skills
- Demonstrated team player and able to self-motivate and take ownership of and be accountable for the delivery of contaminated land tasks and projects
If you think you are Epic material:
- Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing the role description to [email protected] (stating “Project Hydrogeologist – Sydney” in the subject line) by 31 January 2022. Suitable candidates will be contacted within 1-2 weeks.
- The first interview will explore your ability to meet the Epic Essentials.
- The second interview is held in an informal setting as agreed by you.
An attractive salary in line with level and experience can be negotiated.
If you have any questions call 1800 779 363 and ask for David Harris for a confidential discussion.