Project Hydrogeologist (Sydney / Brisbane)
Epic Environmental is a leading environmental consultancy that leverages team culture and expertise to deliver innovative outcomes for our clients and the environment. We define ourselves by providing exceptional technical solutions while supporting our staff to challenge themselves and accelerate their careers.
Due to the ongoing success of our growing water services team, we are currently seeking an experienced Project Hydrogeologist to play a key role in the winning and execution of projects for a wide range of commercial clients.
We offer an exciting opportunity to develop and fast -track your career by working in an environment where you are encouraged to challenge yourself to think outside the box. If you are a Project Hydrogeologist with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience, we’d like to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Under the direction of our Team Leaders and Principal staff you will support the delivery of environmental projects with a focus on statutory approval processes, construction management and environmental compliance.
As a member of our Water Services Team, this position offers excellent variety of work and will see you involved in:
- Supporting the delivery of a range of projects across multiple sectors requiring hydrogeological investigations and assessments
- Supporting and managing the delivery of high-quality desktop based and field-based investigations
- Preparing written reports including a high level of attention to detail, utilising an objectives driven focus.
- Participating in strategy and innovation within the company to foster continued improvement.
- Participating in internal and external presentations to demonstrate learning and knowledge.
- Demonstrating your industry knowledge and experience to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Developing your skills working closely with experienced professionals on a range of projects.
Understanding of NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation is a requirement for this role. Core tasks will include researching literature & regulatory requirements, writing internal and client correspondence and reports and data interpretation & analysis. Fieldworks will be required from time to time.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
To be considered for this position, you will need to possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognised institution in water resources / hydrogeology / geology or related discipline or similar relevant degree
- A minimum of 3 years’ of demonstrated experience in groundwater studies, including groundwater monitoring, aqueous geochemistry, environmental assessments, groundwater resource assessments, and/or groundwater modelling
- Proficient written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Competency in undertaking hydrogeological field investigations
- Working knowledge of relevant NSW and QLD environmental legislation
- Demonstrated understanding and application of the national technical framework such as NEPM (Assessment of Site Contamination).
- Experience in surface water and hydrological assessments is desirable
- Experience in the construction, and/or mining sector is desirable
- Experience in the contaminated land sector is desirable
- Experience with using GIS and spatial data analysis software packages is desirable
- Demonstrated team player and able to self-motivate and take ownership of and be accountable for delivery of environmental investigations
- Challenge – We ask ourselves ‘is there a better way’
- Team Spirit – We work together as a team
- Down to Earth – We are privileged to do what we do
- Be the Best – We strive to be the best
- Personalised Service – We create value for our clients
- Work on challenging and rewarding projects across Australia that contribute to better environmental outcomes
- Feel trusted and empowered to take ownership of your projects and provide innovative solutions
- Work in a team with highly skilled, certified, and respected Professional consultants
- Strong commitment to professional development including structured buddy & mentoring system, support for further studies, attaining certification, professional memberships & working with industry leaders
- Opportunities to shape not only your career but the direction of the company by involvement in designing and implementing — Enjoying coming to work and working in a friendly and welcoming office environment & as part of a collaborative team culture that values flexibility and fun
- Regular social events and activities for team building
- Free access to Employee Assistance Program
Don’t believe us – check it out for yourself: https://au.linkedin.com/company/epic-environmental-pty-ltd
If you think you are Epic material:
Please submit your CV and cover letter addressing the role description to [email protected] (stating “Project Hydrogeologist – Water Services” in the subject line) by 31 August 2022. Suitable candidates will be contacted within 1-2 weeks.
An attractive salary in line with level and experience can be negotiated.
If you have any questions call 1800 779 363 and ask for David Harris for a confidential discussion.