Project Officer - Water for the Environment
- Contribute to the recovery of our iconic River Red Gum forest
- Rewarding opportunity in the growing environmental water sector
- Permanent position
Forestry Corporation of NSW manages around 38,000ha of Red gum State forest along the Murray River in NSW for the multiple uses of recreation, environment and production.
This exciting new role will assist The Living Murray (TLM) Program Manager to deliver an appropriate flooding regime, supported by robust science and the community, to achieve a healthy Koondrook-Perricoota forest. Key responsibilities in this role will include project administration, developing relationships with stakeholders and the management of external funding agreements.
The successful candidate is likely to have tertiary qualifications in natural resource management, preferably ecology, forestry, agriculture or water and five years’ experience in the science, government or consulting sectors.
To be considered for the role you will need to have a current driver’s licence and be able to:
- manage short term or annual projects, including:
- prepare proposals and briefs to define project scope;
- undertake procurement activities to engage suitable service providers; and
- manage service providers to ensure delivery in full, on time, and within budget.
- communicate clearly and succinctly in writing;
- develop productive relationships with colleagues, technical service providers and community representatives;
- use Microsoft Office proficiently and adapt to in-house systems and processes; and
- be willing to undertake fire fighting.
Applications should include a cover letter (maximum two pages) demonstrating that you meet the above requirements, a current resume and examples of written material that you have authored.
Applications should be sent to [email protected] by 29 September 2019.
For further information contact Linda Broekman, TLM Program Manager, on 0427 890 030.
Forestry Corporation is an inclusive workplace which promotes diversity and encourages flexible working arrangements. The successful applicant will be required to undergo a medical assessment and drug and alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?