Bilba Group is comprised of various business units being Northern Stock Water, Elsam, Joco Fencing and Great Northern Tanks. We supply high quality water development products to large rural cattle stations and the mining and industrial industries throughout Northern Australia. Bilba Group is also partnered in two large rural cattle stations in the NT.
The Rangelands Officer Position is based in Darwin but will require frequent field trips to our cattle stations and others within the Northern Territory.
We are currently seeking an experienced person to undertake pasture monitoring, weed management and water development activities on our cattle stations in the Northern Territory.
This position is offered as a permanent full-time role and will work closely with key staff in the Darwin office.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of NT flora, particularly pasture grass species & weeds
- Demonstrated knowledge of NT land types and understanding of other environmental variables
- Experience in undertaking vegetation monitoring
- Experience in weed control programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook), computer & tech skills
- Experience in using data recording devices - iPad, GPS
- Experience of GIS an advantage but not essential
- Ability to work alone in a hot and remote environment
- Ability to plan effectively, manage own workload & daily schedule
- Ability to carry heavy equipment for short distances
- Experience with 4WD & good navigation skills
- Australian manual drivers’ licence
- Willingness to travel long distances over the Northern Territory
- Willingness to spend extended periods away from home
- Successful candidates must hold permanent residency in Australia
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up & undertake monitoring of pasture monitoring sites
- Implement weed monitoring and key weed control programs
- Collect, manage and enter data efficiently and effectively
- Drive a 4WD vehicle & navigate around cattle stations
- Report writing
- Communicate effectively with key staff, station staff, clients and government staff
- GIS mapping could be added to responsibilities for the right candidate
- Water development planning and mapping tasks may occasionally be needed
- Other associated activities as directed
- Generous salary packaging
- Whilst undertaking field trips work vehicle, fuel, accommodation and meals are provided
Your application must address the selection criteria above.
For inquiries or to apply please contact Saba Sadiq - Human Resources Coordinator,
Email - [email protected] Ph: 08 8931 2439.