Recycled Water Consultant
- Full time or Part-time
- Resource Recovery, Integrated Water Resource Management
- Ideally, we are looking at a Bendigo applicant, but we will consider other Victorian office locations (Melbourne (Camberwell), Torquay, Warragul)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a smart, capable and enthusiastic team member with expertise that can be applied in recycled water, waste management and irrigated agriculture.
Ideally, we are seeking a person who has a minimum of 5 years of professional experience and knowledge in the following technical areas:
- Irrigated agriculture
- Soil testing and analysis
- Groundwater management
- Resource recovery - particularly recycled water and biosolids
- Farmer extension and communication.
The successful candidate will have a good professional network, or the capacity to develop one. Communication skills and strong relationships are critical to success in the role.
Our preference is for the position to be based in our Bendigo office.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
You will predominantly work on projects involving the sustainable use of recycled water and organic wastes (e.g. biosolids). You will help to ensure our clients are meeting their environmental compliance requirements and maximising the benefits that can be achieved from these resources.
You will work with government agencies, water authorities, private industry, community groups, regulators and farmers to:
- Collect, synthesise and analyse a range of data, particularly field data (soil test results, groundwater monitoring data, irrigation and crop yield data)
- Analyse options and undertake concept design to ensure sustainable and practical approaches to the management of water, wastes and other natural resources.
- Assess environmental risk and appropriate management and monitoring responses
- Develop and review environmental monitoring and sampling programs
- Support our clients to meet regulatory requirements
- Prepare clear and succinct plans, strategies and reports.
RMCG provides policy, planning and technical consulting services to ensure a healthy future for the environment, industry and communities. Our reputation is built on our great people – people who strive to make a difference and provide independent, informed and innovative advice.
We are one of Australia’s strongest regionally focussed consulting groups. We have achieved this position through a commitment to the sustainable development of rural and regional communities and industries (particularly agriculture).
We apply our expertise and experience to an increasingly diverse range of projects, with a common focus on sustainable resource use, conservation of the natural environment, community participation and engagement, and sustainable economic development.
Our company culture is really important to us. We are friendly, and supportive and enjoy working together. Our culture is supported by exceptional conditions including lunches every day, paid parental leave, income protection insurance and staff profit share. We value work/life balance and we offer a highly flexible approach to work management.
We are committed to achieving a diverse team and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with all abilities.
We have offices in Victoria (Bendigo, Camberwell, Torquay and Warragal) and Tasmania (Hobart and Launceston).
A degree in agricultural science, environmental science, engineering or a related discipline.
The position will involve a reasonable amount of travel throughout Victoria and occasionally interstate (a current driver’s licence is required).
SALARY AND CONDITIONS
The remuneration package for the position will be negotiated with the preferred applicant.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
In your application please describe your:
- Knowledge and experience in recycled water and/or biosolids management
- Knowledge of agriculture and irrigation management
- Experience in groundwater and soil sampling and analysis
- Experience in preparing clear and succinct written materials for different audiences
- Skills and experience in building effective working relationships with farmers, clients and colleagues.
Other important factors are that you are highly self-motivated, have a questioning mind and problem-solving abilities, show attention to detail, and have the capacity to work within a team, and independently.
The successful candidate will possess, or develop, the ability to win project work as well as identify and develop business opportunities.
To be considered for this position, your application must include the following:
- A cover letter
- A succinct response to the key selection criteria (either in the cover letter or separate document)
- A CV (no more than 2 pages) listing qualifications, previous experience and the names of two referees.
Applications should be sent to:
Enquiries are welcome and are to be directed to:
0408 476 140