Regional Environmental Advisor
From humble beginnings almost 70 years ago, John Holland has been driving positive change in Australia, and is now one of the nation’s leading infrastructure and property companies.
We work in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia offering services from infrastructure and property development, to rail and building.
By finding solutions to complex challenges, we transform communities to make them easier to move around, more connected and better to live in.
We are currently looking for a Regional Environmental Advisor to join our team based in Abbotsford. As Regional Environmental Advisor you will coordinate the implementation of project environment programs and support the implementation and monitoring of the quality objectives, requirements, risks and other issues that may adversely impact the surety of successful project delivery.
Key responsibilities within your role will include;
- Assisting in the implementation and continual improvement of the Project Environmental Management System
- The development and implementation of site-specific environmental documents
- Implementing an environmental management induction program
- Assist project staff with environmental inquiries
- Assist in the implementation of site environmental controls
- Undertake environmental monitoring and inspections
- Participate in audits
- Assist in the investigations and close out of environmental complaints.
To succeed in your role, it is expected you will:
- Tertiary qualification in environmental science and/or planning discipline or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of NSW regulatory frameworks
- Familiarity with current and emerging environmental issues
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of relevant software such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience within the Construction industry is desirable.
John Holland is up for the challenge of transforming lives.
From Parliament House to the Alice to Darwin Rail Link, from the MCG’s Great Southern Stand to Sydney Metro, we’ve had a hand in the Australia we all know today. We are currently involved in delivering all many of Australia’s largest infrastructure projects, as well as significant property and urban renewal projects. Whatever we face, the heart of what we do is creating people-centred solutions to complex challenges and opportunities. We think deeply about what we do and how it affects communities. We push boundaries and innovate, gain trust through our actions and whatever the project, we’re in it for the long, long term.
We work hard to attract and retain the best employees, and we provide opportunities for rich career experiences, and a strong framework for on-going career development.
We are committed to building, valuing and promoting diversity and inclusiveness across John Holland.
We are currently looking for a Regional Environmental Advisor to join our team based in Abbotsford.