Regionally based Project People Wanted
- Focused on projects in the Northern Rangelands
- Full time/ Part-time/ Flexible
- Can be located anywhere between Carnarvon & NT Border
For over 20 years, Rangelands NRM has delivered more than $70 million in landscape-scale sustainable natural resource management (NRM) and environmental outcomes across 220 million hectares, 85% of the West Australian rangelands. Our team is growing and we have various Project roles available in Northern/North Eastern WA.
NRM is the integrated management of the natural resources that make up Australia’s natural landscapes – our land, water, soil, plants and animals, and the people that manage them.
Rangelands NRM is helping to make a positive impact in areas such as Regen Ag, Sustainable production systems, Culturally informed fire, World Heritage sites, RAMSAR, Rehydration, soil health, and biodiversity.
The Rangelands NRM team is expanding and rewarding and well-remunerated opportunities are currently available for Project Managers, Program Managers and Project Co-ordinators in the Northern Rangelands.
Responsible for managing the delivery of projects across Rangelands, the successful candidates will facilitate alliances and collaboration between various stakeholders and community groups. This will include but is not limited to sharing resources and knowledge, increasing capacity and capability for groups and communicating outcomes.
This unique role will include an array of duties – primarily it will help rebuild connectivity in the region by collaborating and engaging with various groups to reinvigorate strategic priorities at a Commonwealth, State and regional level.
The key areas of responsibility for these roles are:
- Help develop Interface Engagement Plans
- Build connectivity by collaborating and engaging with community groups across the Northern Rangelands
- Review and build upon Rangeland NRM’s current indigenous engagement
- Build relationships and work effectively with stakeholders including Shires, Government and industry groups in the specified region
- Identify volunteer groups that have an interest in natural resource management and identify capacity and capability opportunities
- Development and management of projects including project plans, budgets, contracting, project liaison and reporting requirements.
- Ability to work with coastal and regional communities, to identify funding opportunities and facilitate alternative funding and grants.
- Use technology to help reset the way Rangelands NRM and its Landcare partners communicate to leverage investment in the area and share information on best practice innovation to achieve landscape-scale change.
To be considered for this position you will need the following skills and experience.
- Degree in NRM or other relevant discipline or substantial experience in a field related to rangelands coastal systems
- Knowledge of coastal/regional issues
- Written and verbal communication skills of a high standard
- Ability to relate to, and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to use initiative and be self-motivated
- Computer skills, particularly with MS Office suite.
- Current WA Drivers Licence.
- Experience living or working in Remote or Northern Australia
- Experience in complex project-driven environments
- Real passion and interest in ecology, biodiversity, agriculture and adaption for change.
About the job
Jobs with flexible hours on offer. Remote and regional travel will be required. At times you will be required to work outside of normal business hours.
How to apply
All applications, enquiries and requests for a job description should be sent to [email protected]
Applications should include a CV and a short summary addressing the selection criteria.
For more information please contact Paul Buckman, Manager of Operations and Regional Development, Rangelands NRM (08) 9468 8250