Scientific Officer (Air Monitoring)
Environment Protection Authority
Job reference: 398589
Location: 5000 - ADELAIDE
Job status: Long Term Contract - Up to 3 years
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
About the role
The Scientific Officer (Air Monitoring) is accountable to the Manager Environmental Science and contributes to the development and implementation of the program to monitor air quality in South Australia. This includes the operation and maintenance of monitoring equipment, compilation of data into an air quality database, use of standard data validation and data management techniques and reporting of findings to achieve EPA strategic goals.
A degree in science, environmental science or chemical/environmental engineering, or related discipline.
- A current National Police Clearance is essential
- A current driver’s licence is essential
- The incumbent will be required to climb ladders/stairs to elevated monitoring equipment, work at heights and carry out manual handling including load-carrying while walking
- The incumbent will be required to travel to sites in country areas and occasionally interstate, with overnight stays
- The incumbent may be required to work out of hours as the need arises
- The EPA has a no smoking policy
- The EPA is an equal opportunities employer
- The EPA supports and actively encourages flexible working arrangements to enable its staff to effectively balance work and life. Such arrangements may be negotiated with the appropriate Manager.
PO1 ($64,519 - $78,761 per annum)
Building 22, 310 Richmond Road, Netley SA 5037
Senior Scientific Officer (Air Quality)
Phone Enquiries: 8226 4910
Email Enquiries: [email protected]
All applications must be submitted online. Please see attached ‘Guide to Applying’ for information on mandatory requirements for applications.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply. The sector is diverse and desires to increase in diversity and to create opportunities for more South Australians.
Applications close: 30/10/2020 11:00 PM
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.