About the business and the role
Spectrum Ecology is a Perth-based environmental consultancy built on innovation, scientific rigour, and quality service. We offer a comprehensive suite of capabilities in the fields of ecology, botany, zoology, and GIS/remote sensing. Due to strong growth and increasing business opportunities, we are looking for experienced Botanists to join the highly talented and growing team in our Leederville office.
Job tasks and responsibilities
These roles will work across a wide range of projects, safely and effectively leading/participating in botanical field trips, analysing data, and producing high quality, informative reports and project solutions for our clients. Successful applicants will also assist in the development of new business opportunities, and work with us in our aim to continuously improve the products we offer and the ways in which we conduct our business.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor level degree in botany, environmental science, or equivalent. Post-graduate qualifications are not essential but will be viewed favourably.
- Demonstrated experience working as a Botanist in Western Australia, including participating in field surveys and plant identification. Applicants wishing to be considered for a senior position must have at least 5-years-experience as a botanist in WA, including leading field surveys.
- Strong communication skills and a demonstrated high standard of report writing abilities.
- Strong analytical skills, including statistical analysis. High level competencies in Microsoft Excel and "R" (statistical software) highly desirable.
- Experience with GIS and associated spatial data will be viewed favourably.
- Strong project management skills suitable for leading medium to large sized projects in a day-to-day consultancy environment.
- Current ‘manual’ driving licence.
What we offer
Spectrum Ecology offers you the opportunity to join an experienced, growing team with a positive, friendly culture in an industry that is currently booming. You will be exposed to some of the latest technologies employed in ecological surveys and monitoring, and we are always open and encouraging of new ideas that staff may have. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with your experience and expertise.
How to apply
Please apply directly online with a Cover Letter (including salary expectations) and CV.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
- This position is not open to Recruitment Agencies.