We're excited to be growing our Ecological Services in WA and we are looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Botanist to join our team. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality advice for our clients across different service areas, including mining, oil & gas, and renewable energy.
This role has a strong fieldwork focus with opportunities to work in many of WA’s most remote and beautiful settings such as the Southwest, Midwest, Pilbara, and Christmas Island. When working from the office, you’ll be based in the heart of Subiaco as part of our team of 50 environmental scientists.
Why choose us?
Strategen-JBS&G is a market leader in environmental consulting working with some of WA’s largest and most complex projects, building a strong reputation for providing solutions and delivering high-quality service. We’re part of JBS&G, an Australian consultancy comprising 250+ people across the nation with unmatched experience on some of Australia’s largest and most significant projects. Our team are fast capable experts in all aspects of environmental consulting.
While we have a national presence, we are able to make locally based decisions making us agile. We’re also a proud equal employment opportunity employer with a dynamic philanthropic program to support causes protecting and enhancing human health and the environment.
What we can offer you:
- Involvement in a wide variety of ecological projects across a range of industry sectors and botanical regions.
- Opportunity to help build and shape an expanding ecology team.
- Company support to apply and promote gold standard approaches to ecology projects.
- Career progression opportunities.
- 100% Australian owned and operated company with diversified ownership.
- Employee share scheme.
- Commitment to using innovative digital and creative solutions.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Competitive remuneration and other incentives.
- Living away from home allowance.
- 4 weeks purchased leave scheme.
- An employer funded paid parental leave and partner leave.
- Wellbeing initiatives e.g. social club, subsidised gym memberships, vaccinations, and EAP support.
- Designing, managing and leading botanical field surveys.
- Conducting ecological assessments and monitoring programs.
- Preparing ecological reports and providing technical advice.
- Engaging with Agencies and stakeholders.
- Managing client relationships, projects, budgets and timelines.
- Guiding and mentoring team members.
- Developing and improving standards and procedures to fit best practices.
- Assisting with strategic solutions and business development.
You’ll need to have:
- A passion for and willingness to do fieldwork, sometimes in remote locations.
- Tertiary qualification (botany, environmental biology or equivalent).
- 5 years + experience undertaking botanical and ecological assessments.
- Experience in survey design, leading botanical surveys and project delivery.
- Excellent and accurate reporting and writing skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- GIS skills/experience are highly desirable.
- Self-motivation and lots of enthusiasm.
- Holder of a current WA ‘C’ Class Driver’s License.
- Ability to travel and work away from Perth.
If this opportunity interests you, please upload your resume and a brief cover letter by 27 May 2022. If you’d like to know more about the role, please contact Terri Jones or Annette Latto on 9380 3100 for a confidential discussion. You can also learn more about us by visiting us at https://www.jbsg.com.au
To be eligible to apply, you must already have an appropriate Australian work visa. An employment medical and recent National Police Clearance will be required as part of the selection process.
Strategen-JBS&G does not accept unsolicited agency-referred applications.