Senior Bushfire Consultant
Ecology and Heritage Partners Pty Ltd is an established consultancy with highly experienced ecological, bushfire and heritage teams. The Company specialises in a diverse array of projects throughout Australia for a range of Government agencies and corporate clients. We currently have offices in Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra and Sydney.
Working closely with the Company Directors and the Senior Leadership Group, we are seeking to appoint a leading professional who has the experience and 'know how' to autonomously manage a range of exciting and challenging projects. This position can be based in either our Melbourne OR Geelong offices, primarily as part of our Victorian operations.
This role requires you to have several years experience in the environmental industry, particularly with experience in a bushfire planning role (e.g. consulting, state or local government, statutory authorities). Our specialist teams are currently working on a large number of projects across a variety of industries, including Government, property, renewable energy, linear infrastructure (road, rail and pipelines), water and mining and extractive industries.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL HAVE:
- Degree in a specialist area (e.g. Bushfire, Bushfire Planning, Natural Resource Management, or related discipline).
- A minimum 5 years practical experience in a bushfire planning/management role, and ideally be FPAA Accredited.
- Experience in managing projects with the ability to manage a multi-task workload and be able to meet deadlines with minimum resources.
- Understanding of relevant bushfire legislation and policies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to liaise with clients and prepare proposals.
- Computer skills with proficiency in the MS Office suite.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and to maintain and build a professional profile in the industry.
- You should be prepared to work flexible hours, including when conducting field surveys, and be willing to travel to field locations throughout Australia.
- Current Victorian Manual Drivers License and capacity to work outdoors essential.
You will also have excellent time management capability and communication skills. You will be willing to share your knowledge and learn from others, enjoy being part of our dynamic team, and be passionate about making a positive contribution towards bushfire consulting in Australia.
The position provides a flexible work environment with on-going support from the Company Directors, the Senior Leadership Team, support staff and external consultants.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, based on qualifications, skills and experience.
Enquiries and Applications (including cover letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Applications close 5.00 PM Wednesday 25 July 2018.