Senior Consultant – Farm Business Management
RMCG consults on a range of community, environmental and agricultural issues. We are a dynamic team with skills in regional development, natural resource management, economics, social research, recycled water and waste management, integrated water management, strategic planning and agriculture.
Our company culture is really important to us. We are friendly, supportive and enjoy coming to work. Our culture is supported by exceptional conditions including lunches every day, paid parental leave, income protection insurance and staff profit share. We value work/life balance and we offer a highly flexible approach to work management.
We are committed to achieving a diverse team and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and with all abilities.
We prioritise professional development and know that continuous learning and upskilling is important to you.
RMCG has offices in Tasmania (Hobart, Launceston), Victoria (Bendigo, Melbourne, Torquay, Warragal) and a presence in the ACT (Canberra) and New South Wales (Orange).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone to join our team with exceptional engagement and strategy skills with a background in regional development, agriculture and/or the environment. The successful candidate will have experience in farm business management, with at least 10 years of experience in agribusiness.
We are looking for people who want to work in a stimulating environment and want to do influential work, which will affect positive change in the businesses, industries, and communities that we service.
- Be part of a diverse team of approximately 60 people.
- Win work for yourself and others in the business via good quality proposals and marketing yourself and RMCG
- Collaborate with staff, subcontractors, and clients to take a logical evidence-based approach to complex issues
- Be interested in the variety of work available at RMCG, and you will have the freedom to design your own career and consulting niche within the broad RMCG portfolio
- Share RMCG’s values
- Have access to flexible work arrangements and support for professional development opportunities.
- We are looking for people who will have an impact on the RMCG businesses and for our clients and the community.
- This position will involve a reasonable amount of travel throughout Victoria and occasionally interstate.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
The successful candidate will predominantly work with farming clients, supporting them to achieve their business goals through improved farm business management.
The consultant will be required to:
- Collect, analyse and synthesize farm business data, on both physical and financial performance
- Assist in the development of farm business plans
- Prepare clear and succinct plans, strategies and reports
- Work with individual farming businesses, government agencies, industry, and community groups.
Opportunities will also be available to work with multi-disciplinary teams across RMCG offices.
- A Bachelor’s degree in agriculture science, farm business management or a related discipline– relevant to RMCGs work areas.
- A minimum of ten years experience.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in one or more of: agriculture, land use and planning, resource recovery/ waste management, and community and strategy.
- An ability to develop and leverage your skills and attributes, to contribute to winning work.
- Established networks in agriculture, environment and/or your field of expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare proposals and reports and deliver presentations on complex topics.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with a high level of professionalism.
- Other skills: written and verbal communication skills, good time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- A current driver’s licence (essential)
- The following attributes
- You have exceptional people skills and like to challenge yourself and those you are working with.
- You have strong personal values and you like working with smart people.
- You are quick to understand data but like to tackle challenges where data is lacking.
- You are passionate about communities, the environment and/or agriculture.
- You want to make a difference. So do we.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
In your application, please describe your ability against the following criteria:
- Your experience in farm business management.
- Strategic insight: Your ability to understand issues, think strategically about their likely impacts, evaluate and develop effective policy and strategy. The ability to collect and analyse farm data for strategic insights.
- Technical understanding: Your understanding of farming systems and land management options.
- Written communication skills: Your ability to structure and clearly communicate findings, insights and recommendations within a farm and land management setting.
- Work ethic: Your positive attitude to work and ability to self-motivate
- Business skills: Your experience or attitude towards working for a consulting business
- Making a difference: Where and what kind of difference you want to make
SALARY AND CONDITIONS
$120,000 – $150,000 (inclusive of superannuation) dependant on experience.
Enquiries are welcome and are to be directed to:
Daryl Poole - Principal
5441 4821 / 0418 992 056
Applications (quote the position reference) must include a cover letter, brief CV, selection criteria addressed (either in the cover letter or in a separate document) and the names of two referees.
Please set out clearly how your qualifications, professional skills and personal attributes can contribute to the success of the RMCG team and how working with us could foster your professional career.
Click the 'apply for this job' button below to apply.'
Friday, 3rd December 2021, 5pm.