- Classification: Senior Professional
- Req No: 253079BR
AECOM’s Adelaide office has an exciting opportunity for a full-time or part-time senior level Ecologist with relevant years of experience to join our Impact Assessment and Permitting team.
AECOM offers an opportunity for technical growth by working across a diverse range of environments both in South Australia, Victoria and other regions in Australia. You will have the opportunity to contribute as part of an established team as well lead projects of all sizes for a diverse selection of clients. You will often be required to provide ecological consultancy and advisory services as part of a multi-disciplinary team to both internal and external clients as well as assist in delivering impact assessment and permitting services. AECOM’s Freedom to Grow program offers potential flexibility to the preferred candidate to partially work remotely and/or from home.
- Working as part of an established team of AECOM environmental scientists, environmental planners and ecologists;
- Field-based ecology survey work, including vegetation mapping, ecological monitoring and targeted threatened flora and fauna surveys;
- Assessments using the Native Vegetation Council’s Bushland, Rangeland and Scattered Tree Assessment method;
- Leading projects across a wide range of ecological disciplines and clients;
- Ecological Impact Assessment and offsetting for a range of projects and scale under State and Commonwealth legislation;
- Supporting internal clients with delivering the ecological requirements within multi-disciplinary tenders and projects;
- Working independently, or with other ecologists and environmental professionals, in the planning, delivery and management of ecology surveys; analysis and evaluation of results, impact assessments, and the design and implementation of successful mitigation strategies;
- Assisting with managing the technical and financial performance of ecological and Environmental Impact Assessment projects.
- Experience undertaking Bushland and Rangeland Assessments and calculating Significant Environmental Benefits (NVC accreditation preferable);
- Experience undertaking EPBC Act Offset Calculations and the preparation of offset management plans;
- Excellent field skills and experience conducting vegetation surveys in a broad range of environments, particularly in South Australia;
- Proven experience of habitat and protected species surveys;
- Experience with GIS desktop and data collection packages such as ESRI ArcGIS;
- Ability to record data efficiently and methodically;
- Previous work experience in the ecology sector within a professional consultancy (or relevant NGO or academic experience if applicable);
- South Australian driving licence and capacity to work outdoors on short and extended field programs in South Australia and interstate;
- Working knowledge of Commonwealth and South Australian environmental legislation relating to environment and a understanding of the relevant planning systems;
- Ability to assist on interstate field work.
- Undergraduate degree classification in environmental science, natural resource management or similar.
Benefits at AECOM
AECOM is a place where you can maximize your innovative thinking and collaborate with a diverse range of highly intelligent and talented people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, transformational, and iconic projects.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer and we've committed to creating a culture that embraces flexibility for all team members. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part-time and job share options
- Working from Home Tool Kits + Mobile Phone
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Professional and technical development opportunities.