Total Earth Care is currently recruiting for a Senior Ecologist.
Total Earth Care is a vertically integrated company that provides environmental planning, management and on ground solutions. We have pioneered environmental rehabilitation techniques in the Sydney region and have grown to become a multi-disciplinary company providing a range of specialist services across Australia.
Our divisions include: Environmental Consulting, Environmental Rehabilitation and Construction and Bushland Regeneration.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Senior Ecologist to join our Environmental Consulting team.
You will be responsible for:
- conducting Flora and Fauna surveys,
- preparation of Biodiversity Management Plans, as well as the preparation of documents for Development Applications for approvals required by Federal and NSW legislation, in particular the Biodiversity
Conservation Act including:
- Biodiversity offsets scheme assessments and reports,
- Preparation of Species Impact Statements,
- preparation of tender documentation and quotes;
- marketing Consulting Division services to procure projects and ensure a constant flow of projects for the Division; but also
- marketing services provided across all divisions of TEC where possible to assist in procuring projects across the company;
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and be motivated, have initiative and pay clear regard to the intent of environmental legislation. We require a person who has the experience to instantly acquire a large number of clients/jobs, who can work unassisted and produce, well written, clear and accurate reports with a balanced ecological outlook. The candidate will be expected to work to clearly defined scopes of work, programs and fee structures. We welcome applicants with diverse skills and experience.
The candidate must have demonstrable experience in the restoration of bushland with NSW and preparation of application for Bio-banking statements, EPBC referrals and other statutory documents.
- Bachelor of Botany, Science/Environmental Science/Applied Science/Natural Resource Management or equivalent in related discipline;
- Strong working knowledge of terrestrial ecology, environmental impact assessment,; NSW environmental planning and legislation
- A demonstrated ability to write fluently and concisely in a scientific manner. This would normally be in the form of ecological assessment report/s and or vegetation/bushland management plans.
- Experience in the performance of ecological field surveys - particularly terrestrial flora and fauna surveys conducted in the Sydney Basin;
- Strong knowledge of NSW environmental legislation and key aspects of policy – especially the NSW Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979 and the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Environmental Consulting or in a relevant government position;
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project Management skills;
- Strong experience and abilities in ArcGIS mapping; and
- A NSW driver’s licence. (All our vehicles are Manual)
- BAM Accreditation
- Experience in bush regeneration and a genuine understanding of bushland management principles within the Sydney metropolitan area;
- Experience and qualifications in animal handling;
- Current First Aid Certificate;
- Contract law short course;
- White Card.
- Knowledge of tree condition assessments (SULE)
- Experience with Planning for Bush Fire Protection (2006)
- Arboricultural qualifications and / or experience
- A working knowledge of noxious weed legislation and control s
- Experience in operation, or knowledge, of Trimble Differential GPS
If you are seeking a friendly and professional organisation where workplace culture is highly valued and where professional development is encouraged, please forward your application to Fernanda Albuquerque - Human Resources Manager at [email protected] or contact the Consulting Division team directly for a confidential conversation on (02) 9913 1432.