Senior Ecologist / Botanist
AMBS Ecology & Heritage is seeking an experienced ecologist with a background in botanical surveys and/or bush regeneration.
We are a highly-regarded and independent business specialising in ecology, Aboriginal heritage and historic heritage. We provide services to a range of corporate and government clients. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work and our excellent team. We offer:
- welcoming team environment
- flexible working arrangements
- competitive remuneration
- opportunity to work with a team of experts
- opportunity for professional development.
The role will involve both field and office work. You will be working on a range of projects including biodiversity surveys, biodiversity monitoring, ecological impact assessments, and flora and fauna management.
Specific tasks will include flora surveys, plant identification, vegetation mapping, recommending vegetation management and mitigation measures, preparing technical reports and fee proposals, developing client relationships and mentoring junior staff.
We are seeking an individual with:
- appropriate tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience;
- at least 7 years’ experience in botanical/ecological work;
- a high level of skill in flora surveys and vegetation mapping;
- ability to prepare high-quality technical reports;
- good understanding of relevant NSW and Commonwealth legislation;
- ability to liaise effectively with clients and stakeholders;
- ability to manage work on simultaneous projects;
- Australian residency;
- driver’s licence.
The role would suit an enthusiastic person interested in becoming part of a small team of skilled professionals.
For enquiries and to apply for this role send an email by clicking the "apply for this job" button, please also include a current resume and a brief cover letter