Senior Ecologist / Zoologist
Ecology and Heritage Partners Pty Ltd is an established consultancy with a highly experienced ecological and cultural heritage team. The Company specialises in ecological and cultural heritage projects throughout Australia for a range of government agencies and corporate clients. We currently have offices in Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra and Sydney.
Working closely with the Company Directors and the Senior Leadership Group, we are seeking to appoint a leading professional who has the experience and 'know how' to autonomously manage a range of exciting and challenging projects.
This role requires you to have several years’experience in the environmental industry, particularly with regards to the design and implementation of detailed field investigations, for various sized projects. Our specialist team is currently working on a large number of projects across a variety of industries, including Government, property, renewable energy, linear infrastructure (road, rail and pipelines), water and mining and extractive industries.
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualification, preferable a degree or post graduate degree in environmental science (zoology, ecology), natural resource management, or related discipline.
- A minimum 10-15 years practical experience undertaking field-based surveys and managing productive and dynamic teams, preferably in an ecological consulting capacity or similar (either with Government or the private sector).
- Practical application of how to apply environmental legislation and government policy such as the EPBC Act and Victoria’s Guidelines for the Removal, Destruction or Lopping of Native Vegetation.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare ecological reports such as ecological impact assessments (EES, EIAs), policy development, and the preparation of Significant Species Conservation Management Plans.
- Proven experience in project management, client development, and developed leadership skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and to maintain and build a professional profile in the industry.
- Experience in business and client development, sales and marketing.
- Other non-technical skills required, include excellent communication skills, high level of computer literacy.
- You should be prepared to work flexible hours, including when conducting field surveys, and be willing to travel to field locations throughout Australia.
- Current Victorian Driver’sLicense and capacity to work outdoors essential.
You will also have excellent time management capability and communication skills.
You will be willing to share your knowledge and learn from others, enjoy being part of our dynamic team, and be passionate about making a positive contribution toward biodiversity conservation in Australia.
The position provides a flexible work environment with ongoing support from the Company Directors, the Senior Leadership Team, support staff and external consultants.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, based on qualifications, skills and experience.
What We Offer You
Company benefits include:
- A positive and supportive office culture which values people as their greatest asset
- Passionate and technically experienced staff
- A competitive remuneration package based on experience
- A flexible work environment
- Discretionary bonus
- Professional development opportunities around career and networking
Please send applications (including cover letter) to: [email protected]