Senior Environmental Advisor
What we’re looking for:
We're looking for a Senior Environmental Advisor to work in the Metropolitan Roads Program Alliance (MRPA) team. You will lead, advise, support and facilitate an environmentally compliant approach on the Clyde Road Level Crossing Removal Project (Berwick).
- Provide support and advice to the project in regards to environmental aspects, risks and requirements under legislation, including development of project specific plans and procedures;
- Conduct environmental assessments, site visits, audits and inspections to assess environmental performance and opportunities for improvement;
- Provide expert knowledge and skills to facilitate risk control and promote a positive environmental culture on the project. This includes delivery of training, toolboxes and coaching to key stakeholders;
- Provide advice and support to key internal stakeholders regarding environmental risks management measures. This may include the engagement and management of specialist consultants (as required) and overseeing their performance;
- Facilitate and coordinate technical environmental reporting obligations for the project including both NGERs and ISCA data collection. Provide support to the Program Environment and Sustainability Manager to delivery on project reporting obligations;
- Lead and facilitate the delivery of the project specific environmental and sustainability inspection program;
- Collate field records and input data for accurate daily productivity and monthly forecasting costings;
- Support the Program Environment & Sustainability Manager in other key initiatives and responsibilities as required.
What we need from you:
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science/engineering/management or equivalent (essential);
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in environmental compliance, preferable within the construction or rail or road industry;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a wide range of environmental functional activities;
- Strong relationship building skills at all levels. Able to gain credibility quickly and effectively with an ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Good communication, coaching, problem solving and planning skills.
Fulton Hogan Values:
We build and maintain critical infrastructure that connects and enhances communities across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. Everything from roads and bridges, to airports and utilities. We’re committed to ensuring the Good Work we do will make a positive difference to the quality of life for our people, our customers and the communities we all call home. Our continued success relies on generating new and diverse ideas, which is why our ‘Good Work’ culture encourages ownership and empowerment, while never forgetting the importance of balancing life’s priorities.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like you and you're ready to help us continue to do good work, apply now.