Senior Environmental Advisor - Approvals
WA’s a state (and an economy) built on mining and at Mineral Resources (MRL), we’re focused on growing that position.
With this growth comes new roles and those rare opportunities to get noticed and achieve meaningful results.
About the role
New opportunity for a motivated Senior Environmental Advisor to join the Perth team, responsible for the delivery of approvals and environmental compliance documentation for operational projects across MRL.
In this position you’ll:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary and cohesive team to successfully deliver all required environmental approvals to support our operational projects
- Maintain current knowledge of operational plans sufficient to identify and lead the process of gaining environmental approvals for sites in advance of the required timeframes
- Manage plans and timelines to ensure project deadlines are met and stakeholders are kept informed on progress
- Commission studies required to gain necessary licences and approvals
- Preparation and submission of regulatory documents
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure all approvals are sought in advance
- Provide support and timely advice to site personnel regarding relevant environmental legislation, permitting requirements and operational management.
We’re creating opportunities for you to own projects and deliver results. From start through to completion, your fingerprints will be there.
Because here you don’t get lost in layers of people; you step up to make your mark and can easily see your contribution.
At MRL, you get noticed when you maximise opportunities and build a better project, a better team, a better workday.
Supporting you to work the way that works for you? MRL would.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- 5 - 8 years experience in an environmental role within the resources industry or an associated government department, with a key focus on environmental approvals
- Strong understanding of the environmental approvals process and legislative requirements for WA. In particular, Mining Act and EP Act (Part V)
- Demonstrated delivery of environmental approvals experience, with a specific focus on Mining Act and EP Act Part V approvals within WA
- Strong understanding of WA Statutory Requirements
- High competency in Microsoft software applications, with exposure to ArcGIS highly desirable
- Experience in undertaking environmental audits, with formal audit qualifications highly desirable
Flexibility and job security
They’re two things MRL employees value and, when we say job security, it’s not just about staying somewhere safe that no longer serves you.
Here, job security means working to your strengths, being challenged on each project, and achieving meaningful results that inspire you to choose to stay long-term.
“That’s how we’ve always done it” doesn’t exist here, because the value you bring to MRL will shape your role – and your contribution to our company.
It’s the kind of flexibility that extends to opportunities to co-create your preferred work environment.
And then there are the extra benefits
We look after our people because they’re the ones looking after our business.
That means a range of additional benefits for choosing MRL, including:
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly cash bonuses
- Employee discounts and offers
- Physical and mental health programs
- Salary packaging
Ready for your next challenge? Make a fresh start with MRL.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply