Senior Environmental Advisor - Kumina
Our purpose is to provide innovative and low cost solutions across the mining infrastructure supply chain, by operating with integrity and respect, working in partnership with our clients, our customers, our people and the community.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our vision to be recognised as one of the great Australian companies and a leading provider of innovative and sustainable mining services.
What you can expect from MRL
Due to our continued growth through 2018 and beyond, we are seeking an experienced Senior Environmental Advisor to join our Applecross based team.
Reporting to the Team Leader of Environment and Heritage, your primary responsibility will be the coordination and delivery of all environmental approvals required to support the commencement of operations on our new acquired Kumina Mine site.
Based in Applecross, this role will require an effective communicator who is both strategic and hands-on and can engage effectively with individuals and teams across a diverse organisation.
What we expect from YOU
- Manage the environmental approvals process, develop and maintain all operational licence requirements for the Kumina Project.
- Maintain current knowledge of operational plans sufficient to identify and lead the process of gaining environmental approvals for the Kumina Project in the required timeframes.
- Manage plans and timelines to ensure project deadlines are met and stakeholders are kept informed on progress.
- Commission studies required to support all required environmental approvals for the Kumina Project.
- Ensure processes are in place to effectively manage environmental statutory reporting requirements.
- Liaise with MRL Heritage Advisors regarding compliance with the MRL Indigenous Engagement Policy and relevant legislation in regards to matters of the environment or conservation of cultural heritage.
What YOU will bring
- Minimum 10 years post experience in a similar role.
- Conversant with GIS or a similar mapping software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Competent with water measurement instruments
- A high degree of familiarity with applicable environmental legislation and associated processed.
- Advanced level Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
What MRL offers YOU
- One Team - Work in a supportive, diverse team environment, with generous employee benefits on offer including chain store discounts and salary sacrificing options
- High Performing – A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture, with life of mine projects extending 20+ years
- Entrepreneurial - Genuine career development opportunities
If you believe that you have the necessary attitude and skills for this role, apply now for a confidential chat with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time, unless specifically requested.
Mineral Resources Limited is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply.
This role is eligible for the MRL internal referral program.
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an Australian based leader in the performance and delivery of diversified mining services and minerals processing, underpinned by a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations across multiple commodities including iron ore and lithium.