Senior Environmental Advisor – Project Delivery
Environmental Advisor - Project Delivery
We work on challenging and exciting projects that shape the way we evolve, adapt and transform the industries we work in. We rally together, drawing on the diverse skills across our teams and create environments where great ideas are heard.
This opportunity will see you join a reputable company with a highly experienced team who work together to develop and provide solutions for our customers.
About the role
As a key member of the team, your leadership skills will ensure that all work meets the standards in relation to environmental, safety, quality, schedules and cost. You will:
- Support the Project Delivery Lead and TOC Phase Manager with environmental deliverables:
- Support the Project Delivery Programs Manager(s) for WTP/STP, Programs SCADA / Electrical and Linear Renewals to establish and implement the Work Package Environmental Management Plan(s) (WPEMP) for Programs in consideration of project specific environmental factors, environmental approvals, risk and opportunity and the CDO EMP and Environmental Management Sub-Plans.
- Review sub-contractors EMPs, procedures, records and activities and provide advice in their implementation of CDO environmental management requirements.
- Support the Senior Environmental Advisor – Approvals and Compliance to identify and prepare applicable environmental approvals required to support compliant Project Delivery.
- Assist the Project Delivery Programs and Health and Safety Team(s) in the preparation and maintenance of the HSE Risk & Opportunities Register.
- Implement the audit and inspection program to monitor all the activities set out in the EMPs for the program and maintain records of all monitoring activities undertaken.
- Build and maintain relationships with all parties
- Foster a culture of inclusion, responsiveness, honesty and accountability
You will inspire your team, draw on their diverse skills and create environments where great ideas are heard and everyone looks out for one another. Ideally, you will have:
- Solid experience in a construction (civil, mechanical, water project environment) or similar
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management or equivalent technical competency
- Considerable relevant construction or similar Environmental Management experience
- Working knowledge of relevant environmental legislation
- Prior working experience in ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems
What we offer
Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- A chance to join a 6,000+ strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
- Pathways for you to succeed and the space for you to carve your own journey
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including:
- incentive opportunity
- health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance
- flexible work arrangements – have a chat to us around how this can work for you
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
What makes you right for UGL
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- A belief that success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.