Senior Environmental Advisor - Tunnels
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We aim to maximise the potential of all our people. This means having an inclusive culture that values and sustains diversity and a work-life balance. To achieve this, we are focused on:
- Embedding flexible work practices
- Providing development opportunities for our women
- Leaders championing and supporting our females to succeed
- Actively looking to attract and promote women into non- traditional roles and putting support structures in place to help them succeed.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced Senior Environmental Advisors, to join us in our tunnel zone based in Yarraville. As a Senior Environmental Advisor on this high-profile infrastructure project you will manage the development, implementation and coordination of environmental initiatives. You will be accountable for:
- Leading the environmental team which provide specialist advice to internal stakeholders, including the construction zone management teams.
- Providing advice to our design, construction and subcontractor teams in the areas of environmental management and sustainability to deliver outstanding environmental outcomes
- Developing, implementing and maintaining Environmental Management Plans and associated documents
- Ensuring environmental programs, initiatives and innovations are effectively implemented and communicated
- Conducting environmental monitoring, inspection and auditing programs and maintaining associated documentation and records
- Providing interpretation of results and regular progress reports against environmental performance targets for nominated worksites
- Influencing and fostering a strong HSE Culture through strong leadership, and communication skills
- Participating in internal and external auditing of the Environmental Management system
- Developing relationships and influencing both internal and external stakeholders
Our requirements for the role:
- Bachelor Degree in Environmental Engineering, Science, Sustainability or other associated discipline
- Ideally, over 10 years’ experience as an Environmental Advisor/Manager position
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Strong attitude and awareness of Safety
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and develop relationships at all levels
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.