Senior Environmental Approvals Consultant
Join a global professional services leader.
We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Environmental Approvals Consultant to join our Environmental Assessment team within our Victorian Planning, Approvals & Heritage Group and play a significant role in the delivery of a range of projects requiring environmental impact assessment and approvals.
You’ll bring specialist skills, knowledge and experience that enables you to conduct environmental assessments, obtain regulatory approvals and provide innovative environmental management solutions for government, industry, and private sector clients across Victoria and the broader GHD business across Australia.
You’ll support key infrastructure projects across multiple market sectors, including Transport, Water and Future Energy, with opportunities to lead delivery as well as work with others as part of a team. You’ll also have an opportunity to lead and mentor our junior team members, as well as develop your own skillset further through supporting our Technical Directors.
Working as part of our Victorian team, with the main office in Melbourne, you’ll be part of a professional, collaborative, and friendly team, where we value flexibility and wellbeing. You’ll join a dedicated & hard-working group of Environmental Assessment and Approvals professionals, in a dynamic environment with a focus on innovation, sustainability, and delivery of high-quality outcomes for clients.
This diverse and exciting position will see you:
- Involved in environmental impact assessments and approvals processes for a diverse and exciting range of projects, including major infrastructure projects and future energy opportunities
- Work with both government and private clients across the transport, water, environment, energy and resources and property and buildings sectors
- Develop your technical skills with support from a highly experienced team and be part of an integrated team committed to providing excellence in client service
- Contribute to business development through strategic planning and preparation of project proposals
- Manage and collaborate with a wide range of technical specialists from various disciplines across GHD
What would you bring to the team?
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental-related studies (such as Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering) and/or Urban Planning
- 10 or more years of industry experience, ideally in a consulting environment, along with knowledge of relevant planning and environmental legislation
- A natural team player, who can also apply experience in co-ordination and management of environmental impact assessment studies to support clients and coach team members
- Ability to work across multiple projects concurrently, and to work within and lead multi-disciplinary teams, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- A proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving and project delivery
Interested? Apply now.
Contact Paul Inglis
T +61 3 8687 8619
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proud ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.