Senior Environmental Consultant
Senior Environmental Consultant Positions
Due to rapid growth in our business, we have several exciting opportunities for senior environmental professionals to join our vibrant team of consultants based in Subiaco and Bunbury. Working across multi-disciplinary service areas, these positions will provide high quality advice and project delivery to our clients, many of WA’s leading names. If you have diverse technical environmental experience with a background in either private sector or government, we would like to hear from you.
Strategen-JBS&G is WA’s leading environmental consultancy, formed through the merger of Strategen Environmental and JBS&G Australia. We employ over 220 professionals across Australia and offer a broad range of environmental services across all industry sectors. Client and outcome focused, we are a dynamic and ever-growing professional team with unmatched experience on some of Australia’s largest and most significant projects. Reducing environmental complexity for clients, we have a reputation as being fast and capable experts in our chosen fields.
Working on interesting and varied projects with an enviable client list, you’ll be joining one of Australia’s leading environmental consultancies.
About the roles
Responsibilities for these positions include:
- Undertaking environmental assessments and approvals
- Producing high quality report writing
- Managing projects, including resources, budgets and timelines
- Engaging with clients and contractors
- Driving business development and marketing initiatives to pursue new work and clients
- Collaborating with some of the brightest minds and most trusted specialists in the field
To be considered for a position, you will have:
- Five years plus experience working in an environmental related role in either land development, mining, oil and gas, infrastructure, industry regulation or audit and compliance
- A strong knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and guidelines
- A degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Engineering or equivalent
- Ability to build networks with an understanding of business development
- Excellent report writing, verbal communication and sound problem-solving skills
- Commitment to your own continuous professional development
- Desire to develop, mentor and encourage others
- A driver’s licence and recent national police check
It will be desirable if you have experience liaising with regulatory agencies and accreditation in environmental auditing e.g. Exemplar Global or equivalent
A competitive and attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidates including smart phone and travel allowances and contributions towards future professional development opportunities (e.g. short courses, industry seminar participation, etc).
We are a close-knit and friendly team where every employee is respected for their contribution to the success of the company. Strategen-JBS&G is an equal employment opportunity employer with a top shelf employer funded paid parental leave scheme and employee share scheme. We have ample opportunities for our people to advance their careers, gain valuable exposure across a range of environmental science disciplines and receive support and mentoring.
Interested applicants are requested to apply by including a full CV of qualifications and experience by 5pm, Thursday 19th September 2019. If you’d like to know more about the roles, please contact Tim Bowra on 9380 3100 for a confidential discussion.
To be eligible to apply, you must already have an appropriate Australian work visa.