Senior Environmental Consultant
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 14,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
Arup are currently part of the Sydney Water Planning Partnership, delivering planning and strategic services, with our people embedded as part of Sydney Water. This is a pivotal role within the Sydney Water Partner and will be reporting to both: the Arup Environment and Resources Team Lead and the Sydney Water Resource and Environment Team Lead. The role will be based in Parramatta.
You have a recognised relevant tertiary qualification in environmental science/planning, environmental engineering or similar and 5 years + of relevant industry experience in a consulting, private industry or a government environment;
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Environmental Planning, Environmental Engineering or similar.
- Demonstrated NSW experience and relevant water based projects.
- Project management and business development experience would be highly regarded;
- Research and analytical skills.
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies or significant credit towards eligibility for membership.
- Proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Effective written communication and report writing skills.
About the role
This role will be responsible for and carry out environmental assessments for various asset development and renewal requirements. This includes compiling Review of Environmental Factors and Environmental Impact Statements as well as coordinating various technical specialists embedded within Sydney Water and sometimes through external consultants.
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- You will be responsible for leading environmental assessments for various projects with minimal supervision.
- You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team contributing towards the approval and renewal of Sydney Water assets.
- You will represent Sydney Water at internal and external meetings.
- You will take a longer term strategic view of the business, including understanding the pipeline of upcoming projects.
- You may be responsible for the performance and development of others. This would require you to provide guidance, training, motivation and direction to staff with regard to resourcing priorities and overall technical direction.
- You may be involved in setting budgets for the environmental aspects of projects; as such you would be responsible for negotiating agreements with suppliers in order to achieve financial targets.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click the 'apply for this job' button below to submit your online application.