Senior Environmental Manager
Vision Environment (VE)
Location: Gladstone, Central QLD (office base)
If you're looking for a sea change
- To a warm sunny climate which varies little over the year
- To great fishing and diving adjacent to the Great Barrier Reef
- To live in a rapidly growing regional QLD centre
- To contribute to a range of exciting and challenging new projects both in Australia and New Zealand
- To be part of an expanding environmental business and member of a friendly committed team of professionals
Then this is the job for you!
Vision Environment Overview
VE is responsible for several large water quality and ecological monitoring projects in Queensland and New Zealand. VEs core business is provision of automated real time monitoring data through custom designed marine water quality monitoring buoys and oceanographic equipment with data sent to a cloud database visual display system for our clients. Validation of that data occurs through physical (vessel based) monitoring which includes ecological surveys. VE is a small niche environmental consulting business with some large projects.
The Senior Environmental Manager will be responsible for assisting with the management and delivery of projects including monitoring, equipment and reporting. This is a role that could involve promotion for the right candidate. This role will involve but not be limited to:
- Having a full understanding of oceanographic equipment and knowledge of data produced
- Undertaking data analysis, including statistics, interpretation and report writing at a high level
- Assist with project development, design and tender applications
- Assist with direct delivery of services to clients
- Assist with provision of personal service to clients
- Involvement with project related fieldwork including marine water quality monitoring may be required at times
- Familiarity with and adherence to HSEQ policies and procedures
- Honours or Post-graduate qualifications, and equivalent years experience focusing on the marine environment and project management
- Proven previous experience in the marine environment, including working on, and in the water
- Familiarity with water sampling techniques such as depth profiles and water grab sampling and ecological surveys
- Knowledge of the use of aquatic and oceanographic monitoring equipment such as hand held YSI, data loggers, deployed PAR loggers, sedimeters and ADCP
- High level experience with data analysis, graphing, word processing and presentation programs, such as Excel usage with macros and visual basic coding, SPSS, Sigmaplot, ARC GIS, Word etc.
- Demonstrated writing experience and ability
- Demonstrated experience in project management and client liaison
- Manual drivers licence
- Experience with real time monitoring equipment (data loggers and modems)
- Integration of remote data collectors and automated server services
- Basic knowledge in:
- Serial communications and their protocols
- Data management fundamentals
- PI systems: SQL skills, OSISoft PI suite, Visual KPI UI, .NET coding skills
If you believe you have the qualities and experience that we are looking for to join our highly motivated team, please submit your CV addressing the selection criteria and additionally outlining your abilities to perform the required duties of the role.
Your application will be viewed more favourably if accompanied by a cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
You must be eligible to immediately commence work in Australia to apply for this role. VE will not support VISA applicants.
All responses via SEEK. No direct applications accepted.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your highest level of education?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?