Senior Environmental Officer - Yallourn Power Station
We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental professional to join our supportive team at Yallourn Power Station in the new year!
Reporting to the onsite-based Environmental Leader, this permanent role of Senior Environmental Officer will support the Leader and site operations by taking ownership for the following:
- Dealing with emerging environment issues, identifying and managing risks;
- Implementing any required changes to processes, systems and reporting as a result of industry, legislative or plant operational changes;
- Acting as a plant-based Environmental SME, dealing with enquiries related to issues raised by advocacy groups, regulators and media, to name a few;
- Conducting regulatory reporting;
- Achieving environmental legislative compliance for designated elements;
- Continual improvement of the business unit’s environmental performance for designated elements in accordance with ISO14001 Environmental Management System and EnergyAustralia’s policy and objectives;
- Influence and provide input to improvements in industry standards or practices;
- Delivering complex environmental compliance and improvement projects;
- Managing incident investigations and incident reporting.
What are we seeking?
Due to the role requirements, we are seeking candidates with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications at minimum Degree Level in Science, Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline and/or equivalent qualifications;
- Substantial environmental experience in heavy industry;
- Experience in managing elements of environmental risk through an Environmental Management System. Experience in ISO 14001 would be highly regarded;
- Substantial experience using analytical and diagnostic equipment and systems for environmental monitoring, testing, analysis and reporting;
- Proven experience in negotiating successful outcomes in sensitive situations.
*Please note: This is a permanent full-time role. Some after-hours work may be required in unique instances, or during outages.
How to apply
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the 'Apply’ button to submit your application online (including a cover letter and resume).
Advertising closes Saturday 5th January 2019.