Senior Environmental Planning Officer (Fixed Term Up to 12 Months)
Position Number: F2020/00650
Status: Maximum fixed term (up to 12 months) full-time (35 hours per week)
Salary: $102,126 - $112,367 p.a. pro-rata incl 9.5% super + up to $14,691 market loading depending on skills and experience
- Be part of a high performing team
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Enjoy a day off every fortnight
Are you a passionate and qualified planning professional? Do you want to challenge yourself, feel accomplished at work and join a supportive and focused team? Our Development Assessment department are seeking applications for a Senior Environmental Planning Officer who will manage and assess a caseload of diverse and complex residential, commercial and industrial applications determined under delegation or by our local planning panel or the Regional planning panel, with opportunities for court experience.
This is a maximum fixed term (up to 12 months) position with opportunity to extend. This recruitment may also be used to fill other vacancies that may be of a lower level or of different status.
In addition to rewarding work, we offer great employee benefits including competitive salaries, flexible working hours, participation in a 9 day fortnight, additional leave entitlements, health and wellbeing days, professional development opportunities, option to novated lease a private vehicle, a beautiful eastern beaches location and much more.
What we value:
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community. Within the Major Development Assessment Team, a commitment to achieving quality planning outcomes for the community is at focus.
What you will bring:
- Tertiary qualification at degree level;
- Extensive experience in the assessment of complex planning matters;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively; and
- Good computer literacy and report writing skills.
Things you will do:
- Assess development applications, modification application and section 8.2 reviews;
- Organise and negotiate/mediate with applicants and objectors to break deadlocks and achieve satisfactory outcomes;
- Appear as an expert planning witness in the Land and Environment Court of NSW;
- Assist in the effective implementation and development of Council’s computerised applications tracking and information system;
- Act as a backup Duty Planning Officer to assist the full time Duty Planning Officer when required on a roster basis; and
- Directly respond to and resolves customer enquiries and action requests in a professional manner.
Visit www.randwick.nsw.gov.au to view the position description or contact Andrea Halcro, Personal Assistant to Manager Development Assessment, on 02 9093 6684.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.
Closing Date: Wednesday 18 November 2020