Senior Environmental Scientist
- Join a global Fortune 500 Organisation based in Darwin, NT
- Work on some of Australia’s and the world’s most challenging, interesting and meaningful projects
- Relocation Assistance provided!
When you join a company that’s building a better world, your opportunities are unlimited. At AECOM, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives. Every day our team is exploring new possibilities for a better world. Cleaner transportation. Healthier environments. Resilient cities. Greener infrastructure.
AECOM is looking for a motivated, self-starter to join the Environment Business in Darwin. You will need to be a Senior Environmental Scientist/Engineer with a broad skill set who can support the Environment Team to deliver projects across all disciplines of Environmental Consulting, in particular experience in contaminated site investigation and remediation, environmental impact assessment and environmental management and auditing, hydrology and hydrogeology, sediment and erosion control, monitoring of rivers and streams, wastewaters and groundwaters.
The role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to deliver technical excellence, as well as being able to comply with AECOM Safety, Health and Environment Policies. You will support a range of environmental projects and investigations, including the preparation of field plans, implement AECOMs Safety, Health and Environment Policies and Quality Control Policies. Project field work can include independent and team work often in interesting and remote locations of the Northern Territory and Australia.
In addition, the role will also be required to provide guidance around the regulation of contaminated land to local government, industry, and the community.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing hands on in delivering project outcomes directly with our clients, ensuring technical/ project delivery excellence by providing:
- mentoring and project level technical guidance/direction to team members
- strong project management skills suitable for day-to-day management of medium to large sized projects
- proven ability to coordinate the preparation of required deliverables for projects
- experience conducting complex field investigations including; intrusive investigation supervision, soil, soil vapour and groundwater sampling, due diligence investigations and quality assurance and quality control management
- strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated high level report writing abilities
- a proven track record of proposal preparation and client management, including business development
- working knowledge of national and Northern Territory legislation, policies and guidelines.
You would be provided a range of opportunities to develop your skills as an environmental scientist. You will contribute to a range of projects sizes with opportunities to develop project management skills and would play an active role in project delivery and client management.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years’ relevant professional experience, preferably within an environmental consulting role
- Experience in Australia, with appropriate knowledge of environmental legislation and regulatory obligations
- Experience with Defence, Mining, Oil and Gas and Transport projects will be highly advantageous
- Project management or client interfacing will be highly advantageous
- Experienced delivering contamination investigations
- Australian Citizen
- Able to undertake field programs as required.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Environmental Science or Engineering (or similar)
- Current Class C drivers licence
We are seeking a future leader with an interest in succession and long-term growth in AECOM - an individual who is looking to develop their career within a global organisation. Based in our close-knit Regional Darwin office, you would be working on a diverse range of projects with the opportunity to have a high level of autonomy on your projects and schedule, this role will give you the opportunity to develop and shape your career.
Relocation assistance will be provided – make the move today!
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men’s participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options;
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices;
- Paid parental and partner leave;
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging;
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers;
- Wellbeing benefits eg. Vaccinations, health insurance discounts;
- Employee stock purchase plans;
- Study assistance;
- Professional and technical development opportunities.