Senior Environmental Scientist
- Join a dynamic, diverse, and high performing team in an exciting time of growth
- Full-time permanent role located at our Headquarters at Parramatta
- Proudly making a difference to establishing a best-in-class, customer-centered, client organisation
- Position description
- Job no: DP74C
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference in the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world-class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
To deliver environmental planning, assessments, and approvals advice that supports business needs and delivers improved outcomes for the business, customers, and the environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Undertake environmental planning, establish approval pathways and prepare assessments in accordance with quality standards, legislative obligations, and internal delegations
- Secure appropriate environmental approvals, licenses, and permits
- Scope, engage, and manage the application of specialist technical expertise
- Provide risk tailored environmental advice for senior audiences, drawing upon the expertise and established procedures/guidelines
- Apply innovation, continual improvement, and knowledge sharing to raise quality and gain efficiency in environmental planning, assessment, and approvals practices
- Coach, mentor, and provide on-the-job training of less experienced team members.
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science/environmental management (or other relevant disciplines) and about 7 years experience in a relevant role
- Proven experience in environmental planning, environmental impact assessment, and environmental approvals for infrastructure development projects
- Proficient identification and implementation of strategies to manage environmental issues in the planning, delivery, and/or operation of large civil engineering projects
- Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Record of successful professional practice within a matrix organisation
- Understanding and experience with major water or other similar infrastructure utility.
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact [email protected]
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex, or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve realistic goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.