Senior Environmental Scientist / Engineer (Contaminated Land)
As one of the fastest-growing environmental and engineering firms in Victoria, Tonkin + Taylor is continuing to develop a highly successful multi-disciplinary team. We owe our success to market-leading technical expertise, a commitment to competing on quality and the high calibre of our technical specialists.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Environmental Scientist / Engineer to join our growing Contaminated Land team. This is a full-time position, based in our Melbourne office, with flexible and remote working options also available. In this role, you will be involved in projects that involve environmental monitoring, investigation, strategic management and remediation. We help our clients make good decisions based on robust science in the property, water and construction sectors.
What's in it for you?
- Flexible/work from home (WFH) options
- Professional and technical development opportunities
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- Purchase leave policy
- Paid parental and partner leave
- Wellbeing benefits
- Active social club
Our preferred candidate will have:
- A BSc or BEng with an environmental, geology, earth sciences, geography, or chemistry focus
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience
- Sound working knowledge of Victorian and national environmental legislation and guidelines
- Proven experience with project management
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, including writing reports and proposals
- A valid Australian Driver's License
- 100% employee-owned and operated
- A commitment to training, support of your career ambitions and opportunities for development
- The opportunity to work alongside and be supported by world-class geoscience experts
We are a dedicated team of professionals working in the geotechnical, environmental, and consulting engineering space who enjoy our work and like to have fun. Tonkin + Taylor is not only a place to work - it's a place where your contribution will make a difference.
At T+T, we embrace diversity and inclusion and offer an environment in which new ideas, innovation, technical rigour, and achievement of results are rewarded. It is a place where you can work alongside technical experts to solve some of the most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects nationwide. We implement sustainability into how we operate and are committed to taking action to respond to the global and local sustainability challenges facing our natural environment and society.
Want to join the team? Apply Now.
Tonkin + Taylor is committed to providing equal opportunities, and a work environment that is inclusive of all. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Here at T+T, the health and safety of our team are our top priority. In line with Victorian Government Mandatory Vaccination Directions, anyone entering T+T work premises is required to be fully vaccinated. This applies to all persons, including employees, clients, suppliers, and all visitors. For potential employees, we have assessed that most roles will require access to work premises. Therefore, we will be asking you to share your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of our interview process.