With more than 8500 people globally, GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global market sectors of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. Serving clients across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD people are passionate about the communities in which we live, underpinning our reputation for providing practical and innovative solutions to managing the impacts of development on our environment.
Due to continuing strong business and growth opportunities, we are currently seeking an experienced Senior Planner to join our dynamic Planning, Approvals and Urban Design Team in Melbourne to play a significant role in further supporting and developing our integrated approvals business.
Who are we after?
A suitably qualified Senior Planner with around ten years’ experience across statutory and strategic planning and integrated approvals processes and a tertiary qualification in urban planning or related field.You will be a natural team player with high-level written and verbal communication skills and embrace the challenge of identifying and actively responding to varied new business opportunities.
The successful candidates should also have the following skills, experience and abilities:
- Sound understanding of the Victorian Planning Provisions and legislative and policy framework
- Understanding of aligned environmental, Aboriginal cultural heritage and heritage legislation and approval pathways
- Excellent time and project management skills
- A focus on client service excellence
- Ability to build positive stakeholder relationships.
The role on offer will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Investigate and report on a wide range of town planning matters, including statutory approvals and various strategic planning projects
- Manage planning and environmental approvals processes for a diverse range of projects, large and small
- Work on projects across the property and buildings, transport, water, energy and resources, and environment market sectors
- Liaise with clients, internal specialists and sub-consultants, Commonwealth and State Government Departments, Agencies and Local Councils.
In return GHD offers:
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working for men and women is central to the way GHD does business. As is creating a nurturing environment where people are empowered and are encouraged to bring their whole self to work. You will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from inspiring colleagues as well as personalised career development through the GHD Business School.
To apply, please click the 'apply for this job' button below. Alternatively, please contact Tarah McDonald on 03 8687 8000 if you require further information.
Recruitment agency CVs will not be accepted for this role.