- Senior Ranger
- APS Level 4
- Park Operations Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park (UKTNP)
Lead and manage a small team in a cross cultural and remote environment with an emphasis on mentoring, training, building skills, capacity and capability.
Under general supervision and at the direction of the Ranger-in-Charge and Team Leader Park Operations implement day to day park management programs including:
- Implement and coordinate natural and cultural resource management and visitor management programs.
- Assist in the development of annual and operational plans for the delivery of key park programs.
- Contribute to the development and review of safe operating procedures.
- Apply and promote safe working practices as per the park operating procedures.
- Supervise and mentor Operational Ranger staff, including supervision of day to day works, development of works programs, ensuring completion of work and undertaking inspections.
Includes administrative tasks such as rostering and approval of timesheets.
- Responsible for Workshop equipment, equipment inductions and records.
Oversee equipment training for Operational Rangers.
- Provide leadership in incident and compliance management.
- Undertake interpretative walks and park patrols including early, late and weekend shifts.
All duties will be performed in accordance with the Park’s Lease Agreement, the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) and the UKTNP Management Plan.
Share the Traditional Owner’s vision for the future of the park and encourage the participation of traditional owners and other indigenous people in all natural heritage programs; and facilitate the exchange of knowledge, experience and skills between Indigenous and non-Indigenous staff and work with Indigenous staff and stakeholders that speak Pitjantjatjara and/or Yankunytjatjara as a first language.
Exercise risk, compliance and enforcement duties under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 and regulations.
Participate in incident response operations such as search and rescue and fire suppression as well as prescribed burning.