Senior Research Scientist - Ecosystem Establishment
EL 2 - Senior Research Scientist - Ecosystem Establishment - 331 - HRMD
- $120,906 - $149,691 per annum plus superannuation
- Heritage, Reef & Marine
- Darwin, NT
We are offering a rare opportunity to undertake leading edge applied science in mine site restoration in the World Heritage listed Kakadu National Park.
This is your chance to work in a highly innovative environment and make a lasting impact on mine site restoration paradigms in Australia.
The Ecosystem Restoration and Landform team are part of the Supervising Scientist Branch located in Darwin.
We provide scientific advice on the rehabilitation and closure of Ranger uranium mine with a focus on ecosystem establishment, restoration and monitoring.
The Supervising Scientist Branch's core functions are:
- Working to protect the environment through environmental research and monitoring, environmental supervision, audit and inspection.
- Ensuring the protection of the Alligator Rivers Region from the effects of uranium mining and encouraging best practice in wetland conservation and management.
- Provide strategic level technical expertise on mine site rehabilitation planning and monitoring with a focus on ecosystem establishment (revegetation), and broader issues of ecological restoration and ecosystem sustainability, as part of the mine site rehabilitation assessment process.
- Lead, manage and design research projects, analyse data and prepare scientific publications and reports, including oversight of fieldwork where required.
We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic person with demonstrated experience in research and an ability to innovate, who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
If you have any questions relating to the role please contact Renee Bartolo on 08 8920 1392.
Applications close at 11.30pm (AEDT), Friday - 29 November 2019
The Department of Environment and Energy values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.