Specialist Environment - Gove
- Not just a job, A career with a global business
- Monday to Friday residential position
- Culturally diverse coastal location – Gove, NT
- Domestic relocation assistance
- Gove accommodation benefit and subsidised housing
- Remote area allowance
- Five weeks annual leave
- Remote area holiday travel assistance
- Paid parental leave up to 9 months
- Health cover scheme for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Rio Tinto employee share programme
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
About the role
We are looking for a Superintendent Environment to provide environmental leadership to a small team of professionals and provide operational support for Rio Tinto Gove Bauxite mine.
This role is a great opportunity ensuring that all relevant aspects of Rio Tinto’s environment standards and legal requirements are addressed. The role will collaborate with environmental professionals and other relevant personnel throughout the Rio Tinto organization in order to drive environmental performance, achieve key operational milestones and assist the closure team in closing operations for the refinery portion of the operation. Working Monday to Friday reporting to the Principal Advisor Approvals and Compliance, you will be:
- Providing specialist advice on Environmental Approvals issues and requirements to business units including operations, technical services, project engineering, land and rehabilitation.
- Commissioning environmental surveys and studies to support environmental approvals and to solve technical environmental challenges.
- Responsible for managing the monitoring and reporting
- Maintaining open channels of communication with key regulators and government departments.
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Environmental Engineering, Science, Ecology)
- Strong communication skills, including report writing skills and with good working knowledge of databases and spreadsheets
- Working understanding of current government regulations, requirements and legislation
- Ability to influence and communicate with various stakeholders
- Capability to organise and seek information utilising your resources and network
- Ability to lead and mentor members of your team and to collaborate with professionals at other Rio Tinto operations.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminium, one of the world's most widely used metals. Active in the sector for more than 110 years, we operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries; alongside the world's most modern and competitive aluminium smelters portfolio. Our industry leadership includes our benchmark smelting technology and enviable hydropower position, key strengths in today's carbon-constrained world.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
To be successfully considered, you must complete all pre-screening questions