Statutory Functions Officer
- Fixed term, full time position 12 months - $60,203 - $66,310 (Band I)
- Flexible working arrangements, including rostered day off available
- Located in South West Regional Victoria
Glenelg Hopkins Catchment Management Authority (CMA) is responsible, with others, for natural resource management (NRM) within the region. We connect individuals and interest groups who live on, work with, and enjoy our land and waterways with reliable information, valuable opportunities, and inspirational motivation so that the community is informed, empowered, and enabled to create a sustainable South West Victoria.
Glenelg Hopkins CMA is the Floodplain Management Authority and the responsible authority for regulation of Works on Waterways in the Glenelg Hopkins Region.
We are seeking a Statutory Functions Officer to provide advice on statutory floodplain and waterway works planning & approval matters. As a Statutory Functions Officer, you will have strong communication skills with an ability to negotiate and influence stakeholders, to resolve complex issues and build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and members of the public.
The role is diverse. As the Statutory Functions Officer, you will be responsible for delivery of tasks supporting delivery of the CMAs statutory functions including:
- Works on Waterways regulation; and
- Floodplain Management;
Demonstrated skills and experience in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable however graduates of tertiary institutions without significant experience are encouraged to apply:
- environmental engineering,
- hydrology and/or hydraulic modelling,
- waterway & floodplain management,
- the Victorian land use and development planning system,
- enforcement of legislation,
- use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS),
- experience within the NRM industry.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
To submit your application, please email your resume and covering letter, outlining your response to the Key Selection Criteria to [email protected]
Applications close 9:00am Monday 24th February 2020