Superintendent - Environment
About the business
Middlemount South Pty Ltd, the majority owner and operator of the Foxleigh Joint Venture, is a wholly owned subsidiary of QMetco. QMetco is a resources company with a strategy to create shareholder value through exploration, acquisition and development of quality projects.
A rare permanent full-time opportunity exists at Middlemount South's Foxleigh Mine for a Superintendent - Environment.
Foxleigh Mine is an open cut coal mine, producing premium quality PCI coal for the export market. Operations are located in the centre of Queensland's Bowen Basin coalfields, 25km southeast of Middlemount.
The role is Monday - Friday with housing and company vehicle provided.
About the role
Reporting to the Health, Safety & Environment Manager, the Superintendent - Environment will be responsible for:
- Technical advice relating to rehabilitation, water management and planning, water quality and environmental control projects.
- Management of waste and environmental contract service providers.
- Identifying and monitoring impacts to existing environment – natural, social, and cultural resources.
- Rehabilitation cost analysis.
- Planning to ensure that rehabilitation is carried out in line with best practice.
- Managing and delivering forecast and actual environmental budget.
- Minimising environmental risks to the business.
Benefits and perks
In return for your contributions, Middlemount South offers:
- A true career opportunity with a high degree of ownership and accountability for your area of responsibility
- The rare opportunity to choose whether to live locally (with relocation assistance) or enjoy a coastal lifestyle on a DIDO arrangement
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package, including free accommodation
- The opportunity to influence the performance and future of Foxleigh Mine
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Environmental Science Degree or related discipline.
- Strong communication, analytical, reasoning and organisational skills.
- Thorough understanding of relevant legislative / regulatory requirements and impact on the business.
- A capacity to interpret strategic plans at the operational level.
- A good understanding of budgetary and financial systems.
- Methodical, accurate and timely preparation of data, report writing and management information.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?