Are you ready for a change? Relocate to Auckland, New Zealand and be at forefront of our environmental sustainability journey!
RCP is a leading provider of independent project management and strategic advisory services, this well-respected, highly professional organisation is at the forefront of New Zealand’s property and infrastructure sectors.
25 years ago, Waren Warfield travelled from Sydney to Auckland, New Zealand to support the construction of the city's Sky Tower, he never left. Since then, RCP has delivered some of New Zealand's most prominent projects public and private sector projects.
Our strength lies in our passionate industry specialists who are dedicated to delivering value beyond expectation on every project. We are a forward-thinking multidisciplinary team with diverse backgrounds and experience.
Our clients provide us with interesting opportunities and tough challenges that test us, because they know we thrive in challenging environments. RCP brings peace of mind and strategic clarity to complex projects through experienced local teams and national sector experts who provide honest advice and proactive leadership.
Building on our strong performance over 25 years, we want to continue making meaningful contributions to the built and natural environments, and to the communities that live there.
The minimisation of environmental impacts and, in some cases, reversal of past impacts, has become a key consideration and driver for the property and infrastructure sectors. As a result, the industry requires new expertise and leadership to support a shift to a more sustainable future.
The increased emphasis on truly sustainable outcomes is quickly building momentum and requiring new and specialist expertise and the adaption of existing business models.
This presents an opportunity to strengthen RCP’s leadership position and unlock growth through supporting and prioritising environmental considerations.
Based in Auckland, the Sustainability Lead is a service/sector champion to lead our transition as a business, positioning ourselves as an industry leader in sustainability and enabling further growth through environmentally focused opportunities within the NZ property and infrastructure market.
You will be responsible for creating the right conditions for sustainable growth by driving awareness and change to meet our ESG ambitions. In doing this, you’ll not only ensure that employees are on the journey but also understand how to bring our clients with us.
You’ll develop and oversee the delivery of a multi-year plan that will advance our sustainability aspirations and continue to further embed sustainability practices and metrics into the business.
You will be a visible leader across the organisation and beyond. Utilising expertise from RCP and industry best practice you will blend the achievement of our comprehensive sustainability strategy with our client’s goals. You will foster and manage relationships to strengthen our reputation as a trusted advisor committed to sustainable future.
Your Background and Skills
- A Masters degree in Sustainability Leadership. Ideally the Cambridge (CISL) MBA or an equivalent Masters degree in subjects such environmental science, energy management, climate change or sustainability.
- A broad understanding of all aspects of sustainability within the property and/or infrastructure sector is preferred but not essential.
- Strong external credibility, with broad networks and connections with industry groups.
- Ideally you will have experience establishing a function but will have the essential leadership capabilities required to lead a direct and indirect team.
- Experience in designing, assessing and delivering best-practice sustainability initiatives.
- Literate in core sustainability metrics, understanding measurement and reporting.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to work across teams to deliver holistic and mutually beneficial results.
- Ability to strike the right balance between sustainability and business objectives / funding to provide pragmatic options and solutions.
- Confidence and experience in working at all levels, from Board and Executive to operational teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with a proven ability to bridge knowledge gaps.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Are you ready to make a difference and lead the charge towards a sustainable future?
Join our high performing team and take up the opportunity to learn from, and teach, our passionate and industry leading experts and work with prestigious clients on innovative and award-winning developments.