Tactical Planning Forester
Closing Date: 15/07/2022
Salary: $53,117.00 - $68,212.00
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Woori Yallock
Job Category: Science and Technology
VicForests is a State-owned business responsible for the sustainable harvest, regrowing and commercial sale of timber from public forests on behalf of the Victorian Government.
We undertake all of our operations in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner, keeping our staff, the community and the environment in mind in all we do.
We are an active member of the communities in which we operate, and we are committed to giving stakeholders the opportunity to have input into our forestry practices.
Be part of a team that is passionate about forests, the environment and are skilled professionals.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Tactical Planner to join our Operations division in VicForests’ Tactical Planning team.
This role is located Woori Yallock
Reporting to the Tactical Planning Manager, you will contribute to the development of Tactical Plans through remote and field resource assessment and facilitation of regulatory approval of harvesting plans.
This is a permanent position at Career Level 2 or 3 depending on experience
Career Level 2 band is $53,117- $68, 212
Career Level 3 band is $69,705- $84,635
Desired Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Enthusiasm for native forestry and the broader forest industry
- Willingness to contribute ideas and challenge the status-quo
- Positive attitude and ability to flex with changes to team and business requirements
- A qualification in Forestry, Natural Resource Management or a related field working within a forestry or natural resource management business (highly desirable)
- Experience and competence in GIS use and in project management and delivery
- Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills
- Physical fitness to enable effective completion of field-based work
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence with ability to travel
For more information about this role, please find the position descriptions below or visit the VicForests Careers page.
Benefits & Culture:
- A highly supportive environment with accessible management
- Great culture with collaborative teams
- Regular training and professional development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program available for staff and their family
You will be part of an innovative and creative Organisation that strives to achieve success through implementing native forest sustainable management and timber initiatives for our valuable customers and stakeholders.
VicForests is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All applicants please be aware that in line with the Chief Health Officer’s Directions, all VicForest employees must have received at least their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccination by 29 October 2021 or be able to provide evidence that they have a vaccination appointment booked in by 15 October. Applicants will be required to provide their Australian Government COVID -19 vaccination Certificate, it is a requirement of the VicForests to collect, record and hold vaccination information.
People from diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply
Safe • Customer Focussed • Professional • Sustainable • Respect
Applications close 11:59pm 15 July 2022