Technical Director – Environmental Assessment and Approvals
Join a global professional services leader.
We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation.
We have an opportunity for a Technical Director - Environmental Assessment and Approvals to join our Environmental Assessment team within our Victorian Planning, Approvals & Heritage Group.
This is a rare career opportunity that will see you maximising your specialist skills, knowledge and experience in a senior position that will see you making a significant impact on our growing client base and the GHD organisation, and support the development and continued growth of our environmental impact assessment and approvals capabilities.
As a technical leader, you’ll both lead and work as part of a team to deliver an exciting range of projects across multiple market sectors, including Transport, Water and Future Energy. The role will suit an individual who is well connected within the industry, preferably within Victoria, has an appetite for business development, and has a passion for contributing to, and building on a high performing team.
Working as part of our Victorian team, with the main office in Melbourne, you’ll be part of a professional, collaborative, and friendly team, where we value flexibility and wellbeing. You’ll join a dedicated & hard-working group of Environmental Assessment and Approvals professionals, in a dynamic environment with a focus on innovation, sustainability, and delivery of high-quality outcomes for clients, while shaping our team and enjoying what you are most passionate about.
This diverse and exciting position will see you:
- Lead and work as part of a team to prepare proposals and deliver complex environmental impact assessment and approvals projects
- Contribute to the delivery of a diverse and exciting range of significant projects within Victoria, nationally and internationally
- Identify, position for and secure new business opportunities by establishing client relationships, leading business development initiatives, preparation of tenders and winning repeat work
- Build strong, trusting relationships with our clients, regulatory agencies and key stakeholders to encourage collaborative engagement to support successful outcomes
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams by designing and co-ordinating studies and environmental assessments
- Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to professional staff
- Contribute to and learn from GHD’s connected international community of environmental assessment and approval professionals.
What would you bring to the team?
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Environmental related studies (such as Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering or Urban Planning)
- More than 15 years’ industry experience
- Experience in setting strategy, co-ordination and management of environmental impact assessment studies and regulatory approvals applications, knowledge of Victorian and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policy and provision of technical advice
- Demonstrated skills in project and financial management – capable of winning and leading multi-disciplinary projects, ensuring budgets and strong commercial outcomes are achieved
- Effective and proven business development and strategy, networking and client relationship management skills
- A proactive, collaborative and self-directed leadership style. You are an enthusiastic, supportive and motivating leader – able to get the best out of their team and comfortable with mentoring and coaching responsibilities.
Interested? Apply now.
Contact Paul Inglis
T +61 3 8687 8619
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proud ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.