Trainee Environment & Sustainability Officer
- $46,285.20 - $50,752.00 p/a + super (pro rata)
- 18 months Fixed Term Contract (28 hours p/w)
Located 16 km’s north of the Sydney CBD, the Ku-ring-gai area covers 84km2, is home to 124,000 residents and is set in one of New South Wales’ most attractive natural environments.Council is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the role of Trainee Environment & Sustainability Officer.
Reporting to the Water & Catchments Program Leader, this role will see you assist in the development, implementation and continuous improvement of Council’s water quality monitoring program, fauna monitoring program, floodplain risk management, and environmental site management. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with testing, monitoring and recording of water quality across Ku-ring-gai
- Developing and maintaining water quality databases
- Undertaking site investigations and analysis
- Preparing reports, papers, submissions and communication materials
- Supporting ecological, sustainability and general environmental projects
- Supporting the creation of site management plans
- Keeping abreast of trends and developments
This is a great opportunity for someone who is enthusiastic, motivated and keen to learn in the area of natural resource management.
To be considered for this role you will be near the completion of a relevant undergraduate degree or undertaking postgraduate studies and hold a current Class C Driver’s Licence.
Knowledge of environmental legislation and GIS would be desirable, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders – both internal and external.
**To be eligible for this role you must be studying for the length of your employment
How to apply:
Applicants are requested to address all Essential Criteria as listed within the Position Description (see below) to be eligible for an interview.
- To view the Position Description and Apply, please click the 'apply for this job' button below
- Like to know more? Please contact Sophia Findlay - 02 9424 0853
Closes: 11:45pm, Tuesday 29th January 2019.
Ku-ring-gai Council is an equal opportunity employer