Weeds Action Fund (WAF) Coordinator
- Fixed-term Full Time (1.0 FTE)
- Contract to 30 June 2024, subject to ongoing funding
- Program Coordinator Level 1 – 6, $71,644 – $83,016, plus superannuation
The WAF Coordinator will deliver the Tasmanian Weeds Action Fund Stage 2, by establishing effective links with stakeholders, contributing to strategic planning and prioritisation, providing technical expertise on weed management, and developing and delivering a devolved grants program.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in agricultural science or other relevant disciplines, and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Knowledge, or the capacity to quickly acquire a well-developed knowledge of concepts, principles and procedures related to agricultural systems and practices, and the management and control of agricultural and environmental weeds;
- Experience or familiarity with key principles of project management including project development, tracking milestones, budgets, WHS, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and implementing adaptive management processes;
- Demonstrated experience in grant program management including developing and negotiating contracts, implementation, acquittal and review;
- Stakeholder engagement expertise, including the ability to convey complex technical information clearly, concisely and accurately in a manner understandable to non-specialists;
- Demonstrated skills in contributing to strategic planning and priority setting, particularly in relation to the management and control of weeds, within a legislative and natural resource management framework; and
- Strong oral and written communication and skills relevant to administrative requirements, report writing, communication, coordination, liaison and negotiation.
Download a copy of the position description for the full set of selection criteria.
Please ensure you review the lodging requirements prior to your application. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be accepted.
For queries, please contact NRM North on 03 6333 7777 or via email at [email protected].
Applications addressing the selection criteria must be submitted to NRM North no later than 5:00 pm Sunday, 22 May 2022.