Wildlife Support Worker
Australian Ecosystems Foundation Inc (AEFI) is a non-profit environmental organisation dedicated to saving Australian wildlife by protecting habitats and maintaining natural ecological processes. We are looking for someone to fill a diverse role, balancing on-ground work in Secret Creek Sanctuary with administrative duties in the AEFI office (both at the same location).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide care and husbandry for all native species within the protected reserve of Secret Creek Sanctuary.
- Maintain animal care records and assist in the preparation of reports for the Zoo and Aquarium Association (ZAA), Department of Primary Industry (DPI), National Parks & Wildlife Service and other relevant industry bodies.
- Coordinate and manage general enquiries received through email and social media platforms.
- Assist with the administration of AEFI including liaising with committee members, members and volunteers.
- Full time or as negotiated
- Experience working with native wildlife, through employment or volunteering.
- Must have own transport.
- Must be physically fit.
- Attention to detail.
- Clerical experience.
Salary: Up to $41,147.60 per annum full-time commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume with a cover letter to [email protected]
Closing date – 20 May 2022