NETWORKING IN THE ENVIRONMENTAL SECTOR
When searching for a job or launching a career in the environmental sector, it is vital to be well connected. You get to know what is going on in the sector, which is not only useful in finding suitable positions, but invaluable in showing your knowledge about the sector when trying to secure them. Below is a selection of networks that may be able to assist you in the development of your "green career".
- The Banksia Foundation: working with industry and community to create an array of platforms to focus attention on the recognition of excellence in sustainability.
- Australian Climate Action Summit Network: A national grassroots climate action network
- Australian Environment Business Network: Environment and energy industry representative body.
- Beyond Zero Emissions: A national grassroots climate action network
- Sustainability Drinks: Monthly events for environmental professionals
New South Wales
- Newcastle Green Drinks: Networking and events for environmental professionals in and around Newcastle.
Networks listed are solely for the information of EJN's users. Inclusion in this listing does not imply endorsement and EJN assumes no responsibility for the networks that are listed.